Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Why Should Keep Web Hosting Backups?

nilehadwards
Trust:

Why Should Keep Web Hosting Backups?

It is always better to invest in a web hosting company that offers backup solution for your web site. The following are some of the common reasons that confirm the need of web hosting backup plans.

* In case the hard drive of your server machine fails due to any reason.

* Web hosting backups is necessary in case you delete all your data accidentally, or if the database gets infected by any virus.

* Often many people ignore the necessity of keeping a back up of their server hard drive while reloading an operation system.

* Web hosting backups are absolutely essential if you are using a shared server. There are many instances where a single account of a shared hosting server has crashed the entire server.

* Keeping back ups for web hosting are also essential if you are planning to change your web hosting service provider.
jerin123
Trust:
Good post Nile. Thanks for sharing this informative message
DedicatedNOW, the leading provider of Dedicated Servers (www.dedicatednow.com)

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Most web hosting companies provide a backup and restore tool but some would require you to pay an additional fee before you can use them.

Affilorama Premium hosting has its own backup/restore tool for both website files and databases. However, users would have to manually initiate the backup process. There is a way to automatically create a backup at a given schedule or interval but this would be through a cron or scheduled job.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

kjhosein
Trust:
I'd go a step further and say this: If you do anything with computers, then you had better be thinking of 2 things first: backups and security!

Take that from an IT guy who has seen a lot of disasters, and a lot of them mitigated by good backups. ;-)
Cheers!
sonitin
Trust:
I just talked to a client who lost his membership website of 7K members and has everything wiped out.. So guys if you ignored this post and have not been taking backups, its high time you should do it on monthly basis.

Still feeling sorry for poor guy :(
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
We highly recommend that you backup your website at least once a week. If you're using our Premium Hosting, we've prepared tutorials for you containing steps for backing up a website. For those whose websites are hosted with other web hosting providers, you may contact their support team and ask for specific steps in creating a backup of your website on their server. If they do not provide automated backup and restore system, you can have your files backed up manually or you may also setup a CRON job that automatically creates backup copies of your files at a certain schedule.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Well, for what I've been doing, I wouldn't loose much... I've been writing my articles and saving them as txt files and then copying them in to WP... So I have a copy on my site and a copy on my PC. I do the same thing with the images I use on my site. I save them on my computer and upload them to the site. Even if I had a problem, I could recreate my site in a few hours.

Now, if I was running a forum with a lot of members or an e-commerce site on the other hand...

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Jun 23, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.