Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Why GoDaddy?

kjhosein
Trust:

Why GoDaddy?

I was just browsing the "Where Can I Buy a Domain Name" thread and I was really surprised by all of the GoDaddy recommendations. We used to use them, but their interface for managing domains is so clunky and busy and slow, that we just had to switch.

We switched to namecheap a few years ago and haven't looked back. Namecheap is faster, more intuitive, cheaper (they include free Whoisguard for the 1st year), and has more free features like e-mail forwarding and advanced DNS record types.

Oh, and if you host more than 50 domains with them you get a discount on new domain purchases and renewals.

Just a recommendation - the bottom line is that there are more than a few good alternative registrars out there besides Network Solutions and GoDaddy. Don't think you're trapped into only a few choices when it comes to domains.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
personally I have 21 domains as of the new ones I got today, and all of them are with namecheap.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sonitin
Trust:
ditto.. I can't recommend anything better than Namecheap. Godaddy is costly in terms of whois and other things. Also, namecheap has a way better live support!
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

kjhosein
Trust:
Oh yes, thanks for reminding me @sonitin. I've never used the live chat, but the regular e-mail support has been great. I even had one of their guys e-mailing and testing stuff for me from his phone on his way home! Now that's support.
hady76
Trust:
I agree, Namecheap is only one I use now, price is secondary. Was a lot discussion on Warrior Forum while back and GoDaddy rated very badly with many horror stories.
sunilwilliams
Trust:
I've heard too many credible horror stories about godaddy to ever use them.
I've never been burnt, but having used their system for domain names, I'd never use it again.

Also, unless you are careful, they have a system that they use that kicks in automatically. They take ownership of your name after it expires, and you have to buy it back off them at a premium price.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL hady, so is the WF with some people.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

styling_designs
Trust:
Thanks will try domaincheap then. I just discovered that dns forwarding is easy. But if I have my hosting in The Netherlands will this make my website load slower? And do I also have to use the Nameservers of my hosting company?
sonitin
Trust:
Regarding expiring domains.. Namecheap provides no cost one month reactivation even if your domain has expired!
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

bigboss
Trust:
I like Namecheap

Eazy to use and eazy to push a name to another account if I sell a name

Try a transfer with godaddy... too many hoops to jump through

John

This topic was started on Jul 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.