Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

which is better

PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:

which is better

Really confused about which to go with, X-Site looks simpler, I have already downloaded wordpress and linked it to Hostgator is there any way to change that If i decide to go with X-Site Pro. Waiting for a reply on which is the better website builder, x-site or wordpress?????????

desperate to get started.
blu
wollowra
Trust:
I won't beat around the bush here...
1. Xsite pro is simpler ( In my Opinion )
2. Wordpress is better for SEO and addons later on that are useful.
Just my humble 2 cents.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

myahaya
Trust:
Hi,
I believe it really depends on you. My take to this is, if you are starting out, go with wordpress first. Later, once you have extra cash to spend, you can go with XSitePro.

If you install Wordpress with Fantastico, Fantastico can uninstall the wordpress installation. However, if the site is already making money with wordpress, why would you want to replace it?

Another advantage of using wordpress is, you can enable user comments later on. There is a plugin even to create a forum. With XSitePro, I'm not sure if you can do that.
wollowra
Trust:
Actually, you can add a comments box using an external script. ( xsitepro2 )
Just put this code into your source..

<div class="js-kit-comments"></div>
<script src="http://js-kit.com/comments.js"></script>

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on May 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.