Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What makes a good domain name video tutorial-opinions needed

realwombat
Trust:

What makes a good domain name video tutorial-opinions needed

Hi everyone,

I have just made and posted my very FIRST Youtube video EVER.

It is a video tutorial in What makes a good domain name. I intend to continue the series to cover the entire process of setting up web hosting from choosing a domain name to setting up hosting.

Hehe... very nervous - I'm not used to seeing my own mug on the small screen :-P.

I would appreciate any comments good and bad, as well as constructive criticism on how to improve on it...

View it in magnificent Technicolor in glorious Youtube HD at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbp9F-qRYQ0
Character is what is left when Charisma is all used up
You are hosting with WHO? Make the http://righthostchoice.com

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Markus,
Very easy to understand.
Great first vid.
now, 1. How fast does that NOS chair go, over a quarter mile..lol?
2. I have seen a few programs that make vids like this, but interested in what you used for making the video and captions?
3. Do you like wombats, My dad is crazy about them, has them all over his office..lol I never knew someone could have a wombat fetish..lol
4. I know you are in OZ like me, but what nationality are you? Just could not place the accent...lol A very nice accent though.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

realwombat
Trust:
Hi Troy,

Thanks for your comments.

Hehe... I do have a Wombat fetish - I just think they are the cutest thing under the sun. So yes, one can have a wombat-fetish :-) Better than wombatophobia.

I'm originally from Finland, but I've lived in Australia for 10 years now.

The NOS chair goes from 0 to flying flat on your back in it in about 0.01 secs - its got one wheel missing ROFL.

I shot the video with Flip MinoHD and edited it with Adobe Premier Pro CS4. I used PhotoShop images and Premier's title making feature to do the captions. Got a few sound bytes from Sounsnap.com.

The video has slight slip-syncing problem, since the Flip has LOUSY sound recording, so I recorded it with Adobe Soundbooth wearing a Madonna style headset microphone, but without the conical boobs, then tried to sync the sound to the video but missed it a little bit.

Its my first video with Premiere, so the learning curve is a bit steep (hell, its my first video ever).

I edited the vid at 1280 x 720 resolution at 30fps with square pixels and no fields (Progressive Scan). I encoded the video with H.264 with video bitrate of 6mbs for both sliders.

The file size of the entire clip is 256.7 MB, which is pretty good considering.

Markus :-)
Character is what is left when Charisma is all used up
You are hosting with WHO? Make the http://righthostchoice.com

wollowra
Trust:
Yep, was thinking you use adobe.. cool.
Yes, the video is big for a 5 min video, but I am sure you will get better at it.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Markus,

I liked the video. It's simple and clear :)

I just noticed that you looked down a couple of times. It would be better if you'd maintain eye contact with the viewers.

I would also like to comment on "Brand Names" (#3). We don't actually recommend putting the product name into your domain name. Other than the legal problems that may arise because of trademark (which you mentioned on your video), you might not want to promote that product in the future thus it would be better if your domain name would not rely on the product that you are currently promoting. You would want your site to last for a long, long time.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Jan 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.