Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

website thumbnail?

dvmav_aa
Trust:

website thumbnail?

Hi guys how can i create a website thumbnail that is not looks like distort or compressed.. im using dreamweaver for creating websites.. please advice.
mark schaaf
Trust:
I am not sure who dreamweaver works but on the web editor I use if I have a big picture I have to re size it in a photo editing program before I put in on the web page I am working on. What happens on my editor is it is trying to smash a big picture into a little box and it looks goofy. I think my program tells me I need to re size the picture when I first put it into a little box. Not sure if that is where your problem is but it is something to think about.
Mark

essexboyracer
Trust:
Thats correct Mark, dropping in a large image (say 640x480) and displaying it at 120x58px (or whatever) will distort the image. You will need to resize the image first in a graphics application, such as Photoshop (if you have the money) or GIMP (if you decide opensource software is for you), then upload the resized image and insert into your page
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Whichever option you choose, make sure you have the box to keep the aspect ratio to keep the image from stretching or compressing one way and not another.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jethro.aragon
Trust:
Using an image editor, like GIMP as what essexboyracer suggested, will automatically adjust the pixels making the final result undistorted. I also found a site that creates a thumbnail of your website without using any image editor, you might want to try it : Thumbalizr

It's free to use the last time I checked it.

Cheers!
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

evilla.drazen
Trust:
Hi there,

Perhaps this might help you on creating website thumbnails for free. There are many thumbnail generators you can choose from right there, and they are easy to use as well.

This topic was started on Aug 22, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.