Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Website review please! http://iweightlossreviews.com

tdigitty
Trust:

Website review please! http://iweightlossreviews.com

Hello All, I'm in the process of building a weight loss review site (I know, a bit competitive and possible over done...)

I need your advice on the page layout. Like I said, I'm in the process of building...but I want to get the page layout right, then apply it to all of them...here is the page I'm looking to model the other pages after. Please let me know if I should be doing something differently before I apply it to the other pages.
[URL Removed]

Your input is much appreciated!!
Last edited by tdigitty on 29 May 10 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Will,
I think it is fine for a free theme.
Just get some really good content on there and start building some good relevant back links.
I always prefer to have a designed banner at the top but some wordpress themes do not allow you to do this so I guess you have to go with what you choose.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

tdigitty
Trust:
Thanks Troy...I can add a custom header with this theme just didn't think it was necessary...I can change up the site design whenever...went with the theme cause it's faster than creating from scratch.

I have someone writing content for me now...layout for the review page good though? Anything I can do to make it better (convert better)?
wollowra
Trust:
I think the layout is fine.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

tdigitty
Trust:
Cool, Thanks...anything to make it Good or Great!? Or is it just "is what it is"? To me "fine" means "good 'nuf" and I want it to be great before I apply it to all 8 of my reviews. Also, are the reviews good? Do they read well? I started including pros and cons in the others...which I will add to this one as well (this was just an example of formatting)...you can see the actual pros and cons here (and I'll add a conclusion).

[URL Removed}

Thanks for taking a look! Much appreciated!
Last edited by tdigitty on 29 May 10 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wollowra
Trust:
I think the reviews are fine and you are on the right track.
Site looks good and is laid out ok..just keep going.
Again, I would like to see a nice header at the top about 150 pxls high.. but all in due time.
I have my reservations about using wordpress or joomla templates that 10,000 other people are using but if that is what you have got to start off with then that is fine. You can get someone to tweak it later on when the site is bringing in some cash.
It is certainly acceptable and a nice looking theme.. so it is fine in my opinion.
Would I buy a product off your site? Yes, IF the review is a good one.
Get some content up and get the link backs started as well.
Just my opinion.
Regards
Troy

P.S someone else may have a different take on this as well.

-- Robert Brault

tdigitty
Trust:
Thanks Troy...I've never seen this template before and thought it was pretty clean so decided to use it instead of creating my own...wanted to get the site up and running as quickly as possible. I've been known to procrastinate and not follow through...I've been designing websites for 12 years now...just didn't think it was an issue since I haven't come across it...like you said "all in due time." I figure the content and action is more important than the theme.

Thanks for the feedback.
tdigitty
Trust:
@Troy...I went to your blog and watched the Robbins, Kern video. Very cool, I needed that. Thanks...
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Will,
I agree with you 100%
Take action and tweak as you go along.
The theme is fine for a free theme and looks nice and clean and the layout is good.

Yep, that Frank Kern interview is really good hey.. glad you liked it.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on May 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.