Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Website Review for http://www.support-the-earth.com

crgregg
Trust:

Website Review for http://www.support-the-earth.com

Will someone please look at my website and tell me if you think it'll convert to sales?
I am going to start an SEO procedure but am concerned that once I start developing traffic no one will buy.
I will appreciate any advice concerning web-pages since this is my first.
Thank you, Charlie Gregg
"http://www.support-the-earth.com"
Last edited by sydney on 20 May 10 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Charlie,
4 quick things..
1. The header is too big. cut it down by 50% (vertically)
2. That background is giving me a headache trying to read the content. Change it to a clearer background
3. Your review pages are not reviews. They are just some generic info on alternative energy.
4. There is some duplicate content on your site.. ( are you manually putting in these articles or are they auto generated)

As for the niche being profitable that depends on the keywords you have chosen and the products you choose to promote.
Some people will make money in this niche and others will not. There are alot of factors that come into play when deciding if this niche will be profitable for any one person.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

crgregg
Trust:
Hi Troy
Thank You, I've made changes.
Please look at it again.
Do you think I'm over promoting Amazon books?
I read somewhere that giving the customer too many options deters any action by them.
Maybe just one link option is better?
I've tried to entice some actual manufacturers but they are new to the idea of paying an affiliate.
I'm going to pursue some installers, Maybe they'll understand the benefit.
Thank you Again.
Charlie
"http://www.support-the-earth.com"
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Charlie,
That is better, but it still needs work.

1. I am not a fan of the palm trees to the left and right.
2. The site on my laptop looks very thin.. need to come out a half an inch on either side ( my opinion only )
3. found some duplicate content on this page.. http://www.support-the-earth.com/solar-panel-sources/
"These are easier and less expensive to produce but generate a slightly smaller amount of power than the monocrystalline cells. These are also used in modern solar panels and do a good job of producing electricity from the sun."

found it on this site as well "solarpowertalk.com/how-does-a-solar-panel-work" 4th paragraph down.

Try to rewrite any duplicate content.

Just do what you can do to make the site look like a site you would want to go to for information.
The Amazon stuff is ok for now.. just get some more content up.
You can add an affilliate offer later or as you said approach installers... but you will need to show some good traffic results to them first.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

crgregg
Trust:
I've updated it again, please look.
I'm getting traffic but very little.
I saw a promotion Anik Singal was pushing.
He said with three free link building strategies you could earn your first $500.00. I've submitted my first article to e-zine, could you tell me two other free ways to get links? I don' t want to pay Anik a separate monthly fee.
Thank you
Charlie Gregg
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Charlie,
You should really think about getting the affiloblueprint if you can afford it.
It will explain alot more and go into depth about how to build an affiliate site.
In regards to your site...
1. The banner needs to be smaller height wise and if you can, get a banner made up for $25.
The one you have now is just plain and boring... sorry. ( just my opinion by the way )
2. You must have some widget on the site that is pulling in a related blogs feed.
Under related blogs this was the top related link "Miley Cyrus' THE LAST SONG Up"
That has nothing to do with your blog.
Take this widget off, it has no place on your site in my opinion.
3. You need way more content.
300 to 500 words a page.
4. Your navigation menu has HOME in it as the index page. No one is searching on google for solar energy info with the word HOME..are they?
5. You navigation menu keywords are way too general.
They need to be buying keywords or solve a problem keywords.
Being a new internet marketer you are just not going to rank for the keywords you have chosen .. They are too general and the competition for those keywords is huge and probably dominated by some big authority sites.
6. You will need a sign up box with some sort of free newsletter, so people are enticed to sign up to your mailing list.
7. Up the top of the page it says "Author: ADMIN" You need a name there.

I hope that does not offend you. Just trying to be honest and help you out.
Kind Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Apr 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.