Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

W3 Total Cache Errors

87.evanlim
Trust:

W3 Total Cache Errors

I installed W3 Total cache but when i tried to enable the plug by activating certain features such as "Page Cache" and "Minify",

I got these error messages

"It appears Page Cache URL rewriting is not working. If using apache, verify that the server configuration allows .htaccess or if using nginx verify all configuration files are included in the configuration."

"It appears Minify URL rewriting is not working. If using apache, verify that the server configuration allows .htaccess or if using nginx verify all configuration files are included in the configuration."

I tried searching for a solution on google for 5 hours but am unable to solve the issue.

I am using Affilorama premium hosting and would like to know how to allow .htaccess or even if its even allowed in the hosting at all.

If someone could help, i would be really grateful!
Evan

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Evan,

I think Premium Hosting allows .htaccess. Have you checked your control panel in Premium Hosting? I will ask a member of our technical team look into this and let you know as soon as I have feedback.

I appreciate your patience. All the best!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

87.evanlim
Trust:
Yes i can get into .htaccess but unsure how to modify it.

Main issue im worried is that premium hosting does not support minify and page caching advanced? These 2 are the main features of W3 total cache :(
Evan

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi Evan,

Below are the W3 Total Cache Settings that work on Premium Hosting:

Page Cache: Enabled
Page Cache Method: Disk - Basic

Minify: Disabled (See explanation below)

Database Cache: Enabled
Database Cache Method: Disk

Object Cache: Enabled
Object Cache Method: Disk

Browser Cache: Enabled

CDN (Disabled) (See explanation below)

Varnish (Disabled) (See explanation below)

Network and Performance Security powered by Cloudflare: Optional (Please contact support if you need assistance in using or configuring Cloudflare)

Minify, CDN and Varnish services are not supported but you may still opt to use this by subscribing to the 3rd party service providers listed for each of these services.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

87.evanlim
Trust:
Thanks, what third party services are recommended if i want to use minify?
Evan

This topic was started on Aug 07, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.