Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Using Instant Sorners Software

icj1
Trust:

Using Instant Sorners Software

I've downloaded and formed some Instant Corners. But... simply cannot apply them to my site, which is set with a page and background ( table set at 720). I also have a border width of "2" which needs to follow the radii too.

Any clues please as the software seems totally void of any instructions...

icj
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
What exactly is the problem? You should be able to open the html file up and do with it what you want...
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

icj1
Trust:
Sean, I downloaded the corners s/ware into a new file in "my docs" and unzipped it. I edited theh background & corner/side boxes and saved, so now I have a JPEG for each.

Problem is, it doesn't offer an option for choice of border colour and I've no idea whereabouts or how to edit into my Dreamweaver (html or design). I know how to edit a picture into my site, that's easy - and I use the "table" for that anyway...... aah - maybe I have to structure the table accordingly? although this would still not address how to get a separate border colour.

I should mention that I'm OK with a bit of beginners html and how to edit simple stuff as Mark shown in his earlier video lessons but that's about it.

Do you have some html you can show me? maybe Mark could do a video?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
To get a border on your round corners you're going to have to edit the images in an image editing program. There's no feature for doing that in the Instant Corners software.

Actually, getting round corners is one of the things that people most want to do, but which is actually quite difficult in the end. To get it to work on your site with the borders, you're going to need to do some fancy CSS magic to apply borders to the top middle cell of your table, the middle left, the middle right and the middle bottom cells. Because the borders will be incorporated in the images of the other cells, those cells can't have borders.

What I suggest is that you either forget about the borders on your box, OR forget about the round corners on your bordered box, OR start brushing up on your HTML and CSS, because this is a problem that even experienced web designers struggle with.

Otherwise, Google "css round corners" or "round corners html" and see what results you get. There will be LOTS of tutorials out there, but they might be complex!

Sorry I can't be more help,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

icj1
Trust:
Thanks Mark, guess I'll do without & wait until I can afford to employ a prof web designer !