Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Uploading pages to new site - What is the best thing to do?

davmontrose
Trust:

Uploading pages to new site - What is the best thing to do?

Ok guys, my payment for my hosting for a year finally cleared, so I'm going to upload my pages tomorrow. Should I upload all the pages I have created already, including Contact Us, Links etc. as well as all the others, or should I just be worried about getting my index page indexed, and submitted to a ton of site directories?

Just curious about the best plan of attack here? Thanx Davin
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
As long as something is there to be indexed, it's ok. I don't think it's a huge deal as to whether or not the rest of your pages should be uploaded.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

alvin
Trust:
However, if your index page does have links to the other pages, then you should upload them. If you're flagged early as a site with lots of 404s (page not found errors), then I', sure it will hurt you in the long run.

The longer each page gets indexed the better I should think so. You can put up basic info and substitute them later, but put them up anyway I say!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats a good point Alvin, I didn't think of that.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
davinator wrote:Ok guys, my payment for my hosting for a year finally cleared, so I'm going to upload my pages tommorrow. Should I upload all the pages I have created already, including Contact Us, Links etc. as well as all the others, or should I just be worried about getting my index page indexed, and submitted to a ton of site directories?

Just curious about the best plan of attack here? Thanx Davin

If you are worried about rankings it does not matter if one page is up longer than the other. Your site as a whole will be sandboxed or not... but you should start to see rankings for long tail keywords. You cannot rank well for a large term unless you have some sort of ranking for the smaller terms.... Just have your index page indexed at least.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Adrian,

Whats a "long tail keyword" ?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
A long tail keyword is a longer search term. For example, I've had people find one of my sites via "affilorama super affiliate handbook which is better". You see how this is not something I would optimise for, but google still picks sites up for this?
www.SixDayWeekend.com