Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

unable to type text into image in paint.net

cri881
Trust:

unable to type text into image in paint.net

Hello everyone,

My cursor does not blink in paint.net. Supposedly when your cursor blinks you are able to type text in a layer that is over a image or a picture. I can't. The cursor does not blink. I even downloaded the dll's for the bait-something plugin called Editable text. There I can write text fine in the box that appears, but it will not let me pick any color and when I click OK button. Everything disappears and no text appears on the picture.

I have been searching Paint.net and google and so far have not found anyone that has the same problem.
I want to make banners---need to be able to put some text there!!! LOL
cri881
Trust:
I am not sure what I did, but now I can type over an image or a picture just fine.
thoma
Trust:
I have the same problem, I can't write directly on the image. So what I usually do is write my link text first on the empty 250x250 block, then paste my picture on top of the text so there is a white text area and an image area.
Create your own dating site in minutes and start generating income now ! http://www.whitelabeldatingsolutions.com

glean
Trust:
Yes I had the same problem!!
But what I did was saved my work and closed paint.net down then re opened it,
then I opened up my work and clicked on the Text symbol on the tool menu
and it worked fine!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL, make sure that nothing is selected. you can go to edit>>deselect, and it will release anything that has been highlighted. if you have anything selected in the image, you cant add text.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Aug 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.