Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Trying to install WordPress: What does error message mean?

caoimh
Trust:

Trying to install WordPress: What does error message mean?

I am following the Blog Bootcamp as fast as I can and am currently at the start of the second webinar.
So I have been trying to install Wordpress.
It seems to install ok - I get to a page - "http://cp.affilohost.com/install.cgi"
with this content:

Installation Complete!
Your CGI Script has been installed to:-
my website name.com/
For details on how to configure this CGI Script, click here.
Go Back

BUT
when I click on the link, as Mark does, I get send to a page titled Manage Domain Name, which is blank except for this message:
This domain name has been reserved for future use
Does anyone know what is going on?
Thanks - Caoimh
Last edited by sydney on 02 Jun 10 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: delinked url as it's only used for illustration and not an actual link

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Caoimh...

Did you delete the index.html file? I seem to remember Mark saying that you had to do that to get Wordpress to install.

Not sure if that's causing the trouble or not, but worth checking just in case.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

caoimh
Trust:
I did delete the index.html file.
thanks for response though.
- Caoimh
bartko09
Trust:
I'm having the same issue. Guess I can delete my thread. ;)

I've tried a few things. Made sure all files were deleted from the public_html folder. I've even completely removed my profile from the affilorama servers and re created it.
caoimh
Trust:
didn't realize there was another thread going on this - I looked but could not find anything relevant.But I must say that it's good to hear it is not an isolated case.
I have also written to Affilorama support and if I get anything from them will post it here fyi.
I guess they are having turkey and plum pudding today.
- Caoimh
bartko09
Trust:
Not sure if anything was done on the server side but its working for me now.
caoimh
Trust:
Glad to hear that.
However, nothing has changed for me.
mack45
Trust:
Check your domain forwarding. I am not sure on this I am going to see if I can find the video on this.
http://www.solostream.com/2007/02/25/le ... ur-server/ This is one place I hope it helps.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

caoimh
Trust:
Hello Bruce,
(I thought I had posted a response yesterday but it does not seem to be here today.)
I went through the steps recommended, set up the database and transferred the Wordpress files.
They transferred successfully in FileZilla but I still get the same page -
This domain name has been reserved for future use

I got a mail back from Affilorama Support today telling me that the office is closed until Jan 11.
So my first foray is stalled until then.
caoimh
Trust:
This issue is resolved.
I tried reinstalling WP again this morning and it worked. Yay!
I don't know what happened or changed for this to occur.
I have been in contact with Support, (thanks Michelle), and they have been in touch with the Tech team.
So whatever you did or are doing, thanks.
- Caoimh
mack45
Trust:
Hay great news I am not sure some times what is done to fix things but never quitting and having a few tech's around really helps. I think a lot has to do with some html or code gets corrupted in a transfer. I have seen this but do not know what causes it. Because some times it works fine. I am really happy you got going again though I hate being stuck in a campaign because I have no patience at all. Bruce
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

This topic was started on Dec 24, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.