Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Tracking codes with redirect pages

kurtw56
Trust:

Tracking codes with redirect pages

I'm a whole lot confused about tracking codes and their use with redirect pages.

I have all the pages and links on my wordpress site set up with redirect pages. I now need to add tracking to my links.

Do I need to make tracking codes to track the page, the graphic. the text link and then create separate redirect pages for each one of those? I am really confused and it seems like it shouldn't be that confusing.

If you want to take a look at my sight and give me an example of how I need to tackle this, it is...

http://leanphysiquesecrets.com

thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Kurt
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Kurt

There's a great lesson on creating redirects - follow that and it should help.

As for tracking I guess it depends what youre wanting to track and why - usually just having Google Analytics is enough to find out where visitors go on your site - and your redirect pages will record the hoplink count youll see on ClickBank.

If you wanted you could use the tracking id option for your aff links if you were wanting to isolate where on your site the clicks are coming from.

Hope that helps

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

cjfuss
Trust:
I am also struggling with tracking code with a redirect page. I have been able to set up a php redirect page to hide my affiliate link. However I cannot figure out how to pass my clickbank tracking id to the redirect page and then on to clickbank. I am using ppc and have a unigue url with a tracking id for each keyword. Any ideas on how to make this work so that I can accurately track which keywords are converting into sales.

Thanks

Chris
devintx
Trust:
Chris,

Try using the plugin "Redirection," it'll do everything you need.

-Devin
The Challenge: $10k/mo in 365 days - www.devinelder.com

kurtw56
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Thanks again,
I'm in week 9 of the course. I have installed google analytics. So if you think thats all I need, then I will forego all the headaches of trying to create tracking ID's. Unless you think it's a good idea just to create a tracking ID for each page of the site, so I can determine what pages the sales are coming from. I have 14 vendors on my site and the pages and articles will push various ones or one on several different pages.

What would you do?

Kurt
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
If you're really wanting to know what pages sell better (i.e. split testing) then absolutely track all the links. It shouldn't take too long to add a different parameter for each page (e.g. at the end of each hoplink just add /?tid=P3 depending on what page etc.)

While it can seem like work to set this up, once its done it takes care of itself and you can view the results in your ClickBank reports very easily. Remember you can't manage what you can't measure!
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kurtw56
Trust:
Thanks Mark,

I'll do it Since I have redirects for every link, does that mean that I have to change and/or add new redirects every time I put tracking ID on a link?

Kurt

This topic was started on Aug 30, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.