Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

TinyMce Advanced for Wordpress 2.7.1

strait8
Trust:

TinyMce Advanced for Wordpress 2.7.1

In the latest version of Wordpress (2.7.1) I have tried to install the TinyMce Advanced Plugin but it seems to be incompatible with this version of Wordpress.
I am following along with lessons in week 5 on inserting tables into a page for a best product review page.

Could any body advise me on this or provide a workaround for it?

Thanks
beablessing
Trust:
I am using WP2.7.1 and the tinymce advanced plugin worked just fine.

After activating it, don't forget to change the settings at Dashboard>Settings>TinyMCE Advanced.
Get all the tools you need to build your AB site at

Test drive MME's Website Creation Software here: http://www.easynichesitecreator.com. (Now on pre-launch offer).

strait8
Trust:
Thanks for replying beablessing.

I was using the "install plugin feature" in my w/press dashboard to install the plugin automatically and kept getting an error message.

I then downloaded the plugin and used my ftp program to upload it to my site and activated it from there and "Voila" working fine.

Happy little camper now!
beablessing
Trust:
That's great! I always upload plugins using ftp myself to ensure that there is no error in uploading it.
Get all the tools you need to build your AB site at

Test drive MME's Website Creation Software here: http://www.easynichesitecreator.com. (Now on pre-launch offer).

apontios
Trust:
beablessing wrote:That's great! I always upload plugins using ftp myself to ensure that there is no error in uploading it.

I need assistance with installing TinyMce Advanced for Wordpress 2.7.1.
I installed it using FileZilla and see it is sitting in the folder "plugins", but when I came to my admin panel I didn't find this plugin anywhere.
I tried to refresh this page, nothing happened.
can you advice something?
Thank you!
Anatoly
wayno81
Trust:
Hey guys,
I Installed TinyMCE as instructed, went to settings, changed toolbars around as per video, saved settings, went back to edit the font size of my hyperlinks yet there was no toolbar to change font size. I have followed instructions in the video multiple times. I cannot seem to make it work. Has any1 else encountered a problem like this ?
jasondodd
Trust:
in my own experience ive found it better to install plugins from within the WP admin panel (plugins > add new) then search for them and add them automatically - this process downloads the plugin and then unzips it into the plugin folder - all you have to do then is activate it.

to use this method you may need to change the permissions on your plugins folder to something like 775 - which you can do using filezilla
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

apontios
Trust:
JasonDodd wrote:in my own experience ive found it better to install plugins from within the WP admin panel (plugins > add new) then search for them and add them automatically - this process downloads the plugin and then unzips it into the plugin folder - all you have to do then is activate it.

to use this method you may need to change the permissions on your plugins folder to something like 775 - which you can do using filezilla

Thank you, Jason,
I installed it the same way you advised.
Anatoly
gordon
Trust:
Hi.

I'm also having trouble getting Tinymc to work. I've tried installing from filezilla, and tried it through plugins in WP admin but no go. Yes, I'm positive I've done it exactly as instructed. My edit pages area is distorted and overlapping. The font toolbar and others just don't show up.

I also went back to the wordpress default template to see if it would work with that - and it doesn't. This is very frustrating and means I can't move on with developing my site.

The only thing I haven't tried is something Jason mentioned about changing permissions in the plugins folder to 775?
How do I try this? Please note, I'll need detailed instructions - I'm not very technical on this.

Gordon
adventur
Trust:
I, too, was having problems. I think mine is the same and, while I don't have a fix I have a work around.
After the install, I could see the three rows of toolbars from the TinyMCE-Advanced Settings area. The Font and Paragraph buttons as well as many others were on the middle (2nd) toolbar. When I was working on a page, that middle toolbar was missing so I couldn't change the font.
What I did - I copied the Font and Paragraph buttons as well as others I wanted that were on the 2nd toolbar to the 3rd toolbar. Just 'cause, I also moved buttons from the 1st toolbar to the 2nd toolbar that I really Did Not want to see.
I still only see the 1st and 3rd toolbars but they have the buttons I want to use.
Tom
http://relationshipadvicesecrets.com/
My first affiliate site was http://www.adventur.com/ back in 1996. Not SEO'd but worked great when I had 100,000 keywords for a penny a piece. Most were ranked #1.

ingridwrites
Trust:
The Font and Paragraph buttons as well as many others were on the middle (2nd) toolbar.

Yes, I found this as well. As soon as I put all the buttons I wanted on the lower tool bar's they appeared in the editing pages.
salakaruru
Trust:
Click the Kitchen sink button. It turns on all the features.

This topic was started on May 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.