Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Thesis theme for WordPress feedback

stiliryze
Trust:

Thesis theme for WordPress feedback

Hi,I am planning on buying the thesis theme for wp as I have heard so many good things about it.What do you guys think of thesis as far as conversion rates are concerned?
Last edited by michellerana on 24 Jan 10 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There are some great sites around like Copyblogger who make good use of the Thesis theme to make great looking, flexible WordPress sites but to make money you dont need it.

Having said that a stylish site that looks professional will definitely convert better than a cheap looking site that has been thrown together in a hurry so dont underestimate the importance of a website that looks fantastic. I think Thesis is easy to change too.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

digiblue
Trust:
Thesis is becoming used more and more often by big name bloggers, I just bought it the other day to see what all the fuss was about and let me tell you it's pretty darn good. Takes a little bit of studying the tutorials and playing around with it but after you get the hang of it you will experience true blogging love :)
artistdaddy
Trust:
Thesis is used by Chris Brogan (one of the most popular blogger). Chris Pearson is the creator of Thesis a really good artist/developer. I did my website in less than an hour without coding (simple/elegant look) check it out at www.advertising-techniques.com
Before you activate it in WP very important that you follow the tutorial on how to install thesis. Their support team are the best by far.
There's no such thing as permanent Advertising success.
www.advertising-techniques.com

rocketdocket
Trust:
I'm using Thesis 1.6 on my main site with wp 3.0. But I'm avoiding upgrading Thesis to 1.7 (See the DIY theme support forum for reasons why.)

Although Thesis is very flexible, it's buggy. Many owners who don't have the technical understanding of hooks and such have problems, especially with plugin compatibility and making design changes.

If you're not willing to spend time keeping up-to-date on the forum, I'd avoid the theme.

Brian

Brian Prows
Director of Mobile & New Media
MobileBeyond
http://www.MobileBeyond.net
510-565-7946

This topic was started on Jan 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.