Joined: 17 Jun 06
10 Jul 07 9:47 pm
Don't feel so bad... it took me 7 years to finally earn some cash :)
You are going to.........
.........need 2 files.
Your HTML pages and your menu page.
1) Copy the menu code you have now (the html part) and paste that into a completely blank page.
2) Save that blank page as navigation.inc
3) Where your menu was in your HTML page.... delete all of that code.
4) In its place.... put this....
<?php include("navigation.inc"); ?>
5) Save the page as .php
6) Now all you have to do is put that 1 line of php code into any php page where you want your menu to appear.... when you need to update the menu for the entire site... simply change the code in the navigation.inc file.
PS: Keep in mind if you have folders and subfolders and pages of different levels in your site... you cannot simply use <?php include("navigation.inc"); ?> because it won't be able to find the file. What I suggest is to do this...
<?php include("http://www.mysitehere.com/navigation.inc"); ?>
Now it will read it on any page.