Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Sitemap HELP - doubling up

PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:

Sitemap HELP - doubling up

Hello Everyone.

My human readable sitemap has some issues.

For starters on the page tab it says "nothing found for sitemap". Secondly on the actual sitemap page the list is doubled, that it is is on two times. I am really struggling at the moment and am starting to wonder if I should take a course in html so I can fully understand and fix my own website problems.

Thank you in advance for your help!
faradina
Trust:
I suggest you start over. It's easier to start from scratch than try to fix something when we do not really know what's causing it.
PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:
Thanks for your reply Fara, but to clarify do you mean remove the sitemap and reinstall it - how would I do that?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Oh dear!

This is in XSitePro I assume?
You don't actually get to look at your sitemap in XSitePro. It doesn't have access to all those tabs like you normally use to edit your pages.

If it's doubling up when you publish it, click on your sitemap when you're in the "page settings" tab in XSP.

Click "Open site map settings screen"

When I first created mine, it had both "Style 1: Alphabetical" and "Style 2" Based on the page order" ticked. I wonder if that could have doubled up your sitemap stuff?

I'm a big fan of learning HTML so you can fix things (or at least recognize what a problem is) but I don't know if a lesson in HTML is going to help you here! This is pure XSP weirdness :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
gibowetz
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

Thanks for your reply but Im talking about Wordpress...

Yes there is something freakishly enjoyable about understanding even a little bit about HTML...
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
What are you using to make a "human readable" sitemap?
Plugin of some variety?

Wordpress is even freakier than XSP sometimes. MANY more things that can go wrong!
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

This topic was started on Mar 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.