Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Site Looks Totally Different on IE, Chrome and Firefox. Help

magtan
Trust:

Site Looks Totally Different on IE, Chrome and Firefox. Help

Hi,
I have just created a site and it looks fine on IE. But it's a disaster in Chrome and Firefox. My content is not appearing at all in Chrome and Firefox. Also, the table border shows up in Chrome and Firefox though I have blend it into the background colour in Frontpage.

Rather than typing into Frontpage, I have inserted an autoshape and added my text into the autoshape. Could this be the problem? Anybody knows how to over come it?

Thanks
Last edited by faradina on 20 Mar 10 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: seo

faradina
Trust:
magtan wrote:Rather than typing into Frontpage, I have inserted an autoshape and added my text into the autoshape. Could this be the problem?

That most probably is "it".
Set up a page where you do not put the text into an autoshape and see how it comes up in your browsers.
magtan
Trust:
Hi Faradina,
yep, the words appear when I don't use autoshape. However the fonts are really blur in Chrome and Firefox but is crystal clear in IE.

The reason why I used autoshape was cos I wanted my text to be in rounded edge rectangle rather than the boring usual sharp edge rectangle.

Do you know what I can do so the text comes out clear in all 3 browser and how else I can have a rounded edge rectangle?

Thanks

faradina
Trust:
Unfortunately, I have not used Frontpage for ages and ages and I have actually forgotten how it works.
Maybe there's a Frontpage afficionado on the forum who can help you.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I reckon Frontpage is your problem.

It's ... uhhh... yeah. The problem with Frontpage is that it's full of this "proprietary" code/functionality stuff which was only ever supported by IE. None of the other browsers pay attention to it.

If you're using Frontpage you have to be previewing your site in Firefox or Chrome as you go along, because I'm guessing a lot of the stuff you can do in Frontpage won't ever work in any of these other browsers.

Hate to be a total party pooper, but you'd probably be better off trying to build a site with Wordpress.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

This topic was started on Mar 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.