Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Searchable database on site - Is it possible? What software?

matthewjahn
Trust:

Searchable database on site - Is it possible? What software?

I was thinking of developing a site with a searchable database much your affiliate database on this site. How difficult is this? Do you need a certain type of software? Do you literally go through each one and enter them manually? Just trying to get an idea of how much it would take.

Thanks

Matt
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Is this your first time doing a website? If it is, I wouldn't recommend trying this.. you will probably get too frustrated.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
matthewjahn -

You can do alot with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Joomla I've played around a bit with it and think it can work for you BUT it does take some time to learn how to use and organize it and like Adrian suggested, it could get frustrating.

Here's a bunch of companies that offer turn key websites, they may have something that works out of the box for you.

dotcombuilder.com/p/product.php?action=browse

built2go.com/

turnkeynation.com/catalog/

Hope that helps,
Promo
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You could implement just a database with MySQL and PHPMyAdmin using .asp and .php pages... although I don't even know how to set up a searchable database. Never had the need to yet..... Just search Google :)

Adrian,
matthewjahn
Trust:
Thanks for the info, yeah I know it seems a little ambitious, but I think it would be one of the last steps to a pretty big plan. I'll poke into it a little more.

Thanks

Matt