Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Review My First Website

dave333
Trust:

Review My First Website

Hi Guys,

This is my first website www.fretspider.com

I have been marketing it mainly through facebook but also some guitar forums. It's basically an online guitar learning resource. I have had a few suggestions through facebook but i'd love to hear your opinions at affilorama!

Some things I am working on and are not quite done yet, ie i have recorded audio for each example in the lessons, just in the middle of embedding them in the pages, I plan to create learning videos which i can embed on each page. Many more plans in the pipeline, ie; more guitar course reviews, more subtle ads, newsletter series, carefully placed adsense ads. etc.

At the moment I'm doing it for the passion and not willing to comprimise visits by hard-selling at this stage.

Anyway, I just uploaded it last night so i really apreciate your thoughs and suggestions.

Cheers,
Dave
https://www.affilorama.com/forum/post69742.html#p69742 - Affilorama Services: SEOJuice - FREE SEO TRIAL ON NOW!

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Looks like a good start, Dave.

Just from a web designer's perspective, I would add some padding to the "table" down at the bottom. It will make it more visually appealing, and, thus, easier on the eyes to read. Probably wouldn't hurt in the "content" area, either.

Also, usually with content, most people expect it left justified. The centering is fine for headings or small snippets (such as what you have at the top), though.

Looks like a good start. I'll have to let others tell you how it looks from an IM standpoint, but those would be my suggestions from a general design perspective.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

dave333
Trust:
Hey Grady,

Thanks for the tips! Padding those tables is on my list of things to do, guess I've been procrastinating it a little bit.

The center alligned text is only on the home page, everything else is left alligned, but, you're right, It would be easier on the eyes if the homepage content was left alligned too, so i'll change that.

Cheers,
Dave
https://www.affilorama.com/forum/post69742.html#p69742 - Affilorama Services: SEOJuice - FREE SEO TRIAL ON NOW!

wollowra
Trust:
Hey Dave,
Did you do this in dreamweaver?

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Jul 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.