Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Registering details for hosting and domain billing/payment?

geoff pun
Trust:

Registering details for hosting and domain billing/payment?

pardon 4 my ignorance, should i register my wife's details for hosting & domain name billing & payment? is there any difference in the eyes of the Australian taxman?

we are planning to use her details for all affiliate commissions we going to receive to minimize tax (at lower tax bracket) as she working casual currently.

:D thanks! if u guys can help.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Geoff Pun wrote:pardon 4 my ignorance, shd i register my wife's details for hosting & domain name billing & payment? is there any difference in the eyes of the australian taxman?

we are planning to use her details for all affiliate commissions we going to receive to minimize tax (at lower tax bracket) as she working casual currently.

:D thanks! if u guys can help.

I'm not a fortune teller.... but I think you are going to have to ask the taxman that one :wink:

Taxes are different for each individual and country....I don't have to pay until I hit a certain amount b/c I am still in school... yet someone my age who isn't in school would have to... it all depends.
geoff pun
Trust:
:D good day, adrian, thks! & it's nice to meet you. it's past midnight in perth. i'll wait to see in the morning if sean or mark can shed some light. it's graveyard shift hours over their neck of the woods.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Geoff,

Gonna have to agree with Adrian on this... that's something to ask the taxman. I'm sure you've got some sort of super tax info line there in Aussie, and those guys would be more than happy to help you out.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
eddie53
Trust:
Hi Geoff,

It is best to check with the tax office as they may still not consider it her business if you are doing all the work.
Once you are making big money, you could look into a family trust. It costs money to setup, but you can allocate profit sharing. Speak to an accountant for more details
geoff pun
Trust:
:D thks ! guys

i will check with my accountant. eventually this dating website i setting up will be run by my wife, so i don't see a probelm with the check/cheque in her name from a taxation point of view. i just doing the tech stuffs & ground works initially. 8)
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Definitely check with the accountant. I saw one last week and he mentioned a few things like trusts that went right over my head.

Just make sure you let the accountant you know plan on making a lot of money. I don't think my accountant realises how much I intend on making :P
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world