Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Question regarding on-page SEO

shiva-yogi
Trust:

Question regarding on-page SEO

My site is new and was indexed a week ago. Its been in the same spot on page 7 of google for 1 week. No matter how much content or on-page SEO I have tweeked(thanks to traffic travis) its still in that identical spot. I have A+ ratings with Traffic Travis on almost all of my pages, my domain did not have much competition for it is the same as the key word search i plug into google.

So is it that SEO is really not that important? Or have I not been lucky enough to be indexed in a Google deep crawl? Cause my site gets indexed almost daily by google bots.

Or is it that backlinks are more important than on-page SEO?
jpastorizo
Trust:
Off page seo is definitely more important than on page seo. Your site can get ranked just doing off page seo but it can't get ranked just by doing on page seo. On page seo is still important but it's not as important like it used to be. Have a link building campaign and make sure you have links coming from varied web 2.0 websites. The higher the average PR of your backlinks coming from various websites the better for your site. Also, dont do reciprocal linking.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

jjperkins
Trust:
Hi,
a week is a short time in Googles eyes.
But no matter how good your on page SEO you do need a bit more.
Have you done some bookmarking, pinging, article submissions, etc, etc?
A you tube video linking back to your site is a great quick booster.

All the best with it, John & Jillian

shiva-yogi
Trust:
I've heard in other programs that you tube videos are a bonus. Now, can do you have to produce your own video, post it on youtube and then post that video in your site? Or do you simply post others videos, ones relevant to your content?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
dewr77 wrote:I've heard in other programs that you tube videos are a bonus. Now, can do you have to produce your own video, post it on youtube and then post that video in your site? Or do you simply post others videos, ones relevant to your content?

You could make your own video or use a video from YouTube and embed it on your site. Just make sure the video doesn't mention any website address so that you won't lose any potential customers.

Images and videos can also help you rank in search engine's image search and increase traffic to your site.

Another advantage of having a video would be that it increases the stickiness of your page. That would be good SEO since search engines determine keyword relevancy based on the time your visitors would spend time on your page.

This blog have useful information on video SEO. Please also read the comments at the end of the blog post: Video SEO – Are you surfin’ the tube?

You might also want to check the lessons on Media Sharing.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

shiva-yogi
Trust:
Thanks Michele and the other follow up posters
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I use youtube videos all the time.

One way that a lot of people don't thing about is using your articles. you can do all this for free.
i use CamStudio screen capture program. its free, and does good quality., a lot cheaper than Camtasia if you are on a budget.

take an article, and use subheadings or bullet points about your topic to create a powerpoint slide show.

scroll through the slide show, and read your article, bringing up each bullet point as you get to it.
you can put together a video like this within a few minutes, use it to drive some traffic to your site, embed it in a blogger blog, hubpages, with a link back to your site, and get more traffic.

Depending on your niche, you can also use screen capture for showing how to do simple tasks, or show a product.
I have a few videos that i have done for my product review pages, where i went through the members area just to show people that I really did have access to the product that i was reviewing. I was able to point out the benefits from inside the members area, and it drove a lot of interest in the market.

If you are going to use YouTube, i recommend setting up as separate account for each niche, using your pen names. this way your videos to different markets aren't bumping in to one another.
none of my videos on youtube have real high traffic, but I also syndicate those videos on other video sites, and around social sites getting more views than what is shown from just youtube themselves.
I just recently started bookmarking my videos, and building some links to them, and I am noticing my views going up. still testing, and so far my videos arent that great, yet I still get some good responses.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on May 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.