Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Publishing details in XsitePro

marymeagan
Trust:

Publishing details in XsitePro

In XsitePro I have got as far as Publishing details, and I am pretty sure I have followed all the video tutorials correctly so far, to get to publishing details..

There is one slight difference, in the video, Aletta uses Hostgator for her domain and hosting and I used NameCheap for both.

I also have gone ahead and installed my affiliate links on the 3 articles and they are working correctly.

My problem now is in the publishing details page where I entered the domain name and the FTP both being the same

Now I entered my username and password which is my log in info at Namecheap and pressed Test FTP Connection and the message box appeared saying Was Unable To Log In.

Now I'm at a loss as to what to do now, any thoughts on the matter

Larry
Larry Bauge

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Did you put "ftp.yourdomain.com" in the ftp server box under FTP Server Details?

The domain name and the ftp server will only be the same if your with Hostgator. If not, you need to put "ftp" in front of your domain name.

Hope this helps :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

marymeagan
Trust:
Hi Michelerana

I tried what you said to put ftp in front of my domain name and it still could not log in at the ftp server

I went through my email yesturday from Namecheap and my domain name and hosting are connected

Now I did get a message that it could take from 24 to 72 hours for the name servers to connect to the hosting servers, so maybe that could be the problem, although it has been more than 24 hours now.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Larry
Larry Bauge

marymeagan
Trust:
Hi Michellerana

WooooHoooo I finally got it figured out.

I text chatted to a support staff member at Namecheap and we finally narrowed it down to I didn't use the password and username that was sent to me in the welcome email Cpanel sent by the hosting server.

Instead I used my log in information to log into Namecheap which is entirely different, so it was my fault, although I did search in my folder for this welocome email and couldn't find it (I might have deleted it) so they resent me another one.

Now my "test ftp connection" works.

Larry
Larry Bauge

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Excellent! It's good to hear you got it working :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Jan 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.