Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Problems with Uploading WordPress Plugins?

paulw2206
Trust:

Problems with Uploading WordPress Plugins?

Hi, everyone!
Has anyone out there encountered a problem I'm currently experiencing: namely, uploading the all-in-one-seo-pack and google-sitemap-generator? One file within the aioseop and 2 files within the gsg appear to be too large to upload within the time allowed by the system. They are: aioseop.class.php 95299Kb, sitemap-core.php 80774Kb & sitemap-ui.php 65716Kb. I've tried several times now without success: they just keep timing-out. If you have and you know a solution to the problem, I would be extremely grateful if you'd share it.
Thanks in advance, guys!
Paul (Chorley, UK)
faradina
Trust:
Hello Paul,

Try the Add New > Search > Install option in the Plugins section of the WP Dashboard. Wordpress will install the plugins automatically in this option, with no uploading involved.
paulw2206
Trust:
Thanks, Faradina. I shall certainly give that a try. I appreciate the speedy response.
paulw2206
Trust:
Fabulous! Worked first time: thank you so much, Faradina.

This topic was started on Feb 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.