Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Problem with widgets...

marios521
Trust:

Problem with widgets...

I use "Arras" theme on my website.
There are 2 sidebars, 2 bottom content and a footer fields to put your widgets.
In 9 out of 10 times I am trying to get a widget in the "bottom content" I get a terrible mess.
All the side widgets go under this new one and the site looks like there was a bomb explosion.
Can anyone help please?

Thank you in advance!
marios521
Trust:
Anyone?
I still have this problem!

;(
PremiumMember
bblackwell
Trust:
I wish I could help, but without actually seeing the problem in action, it's hard to tell what could be causing the problem. Have you gone straight to the theme developer, or does the developer have a forum? It sounds like if you're having this problem, others might too, so hopefully someone else might have solved it by now.

Another question: do you need any more widgets? Your site currently looks very nice, but the more widgets you add, the more cluttered it gets. I'm of the opinion that unless you absolutely have to add more stuff, try to keep your site simple and make sure you're subtly directing people to what you really want them to accomplish (like signing up for a newsletter, reading the articles, etc). Do you really need the extra stuff in your bottom content, or is it just extra "stuff"?
Client Knowledge Guru at ClickBank - Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/beaublackwell or www.twitter.com/clickbank
For more help with ClickBank check out www.clickbank.com/blog or www.clickbank.com/help
Please note that my postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of ClickBank.

marios521
Trust:
I have a @$@#$% twitter widget and I am trying to get it in...
Some widgets work better when I am giving a title..
Any ideas?

This topic was started on Sep 12, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.