Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Problem With Affilotheme

nancya
Trust:

Problem With Affilotheme

I sent a support ticket over 24 hours ago but never got an answer. I hope someone here can help me.

I downloaded Affilothem to my PC so I can use it on my other websites hosted with Host Gator. When I go to upload the theme, it comes back with an error, "Can't upload, missing style.css stylesheet." I have tried this on 3 different computers, 2 different internet connections and still get the same problem.

Anyone know how to correct this?
craig4
Trust:
Make sure that the directory structure is as follows:

www\wp-content\themes\afillotheme\style.css

and not

www\wp-content\themes\affilotheme\afillotheme\style.css

sometimes this happens when uploading compressed files e.g. zip files.

the style.css must be located in the first level of the theme directory.
ashley.weyers
Trust:
I found it easier to ftp the theme onto the site and then unzip it on the server. Wordpress does not seem to handle larger themes if your Internet connection is a bit slower.
jammer123
Trust:
I get this error, not sure how to fix it, i looked at the one above suggestion but it doesnt make sense to me, since he doesnt tell you where you should do this, in the folder or the wordpress side, could someone let me know how to sort this out

Thanks

Clear instructions would be helpful

This topic was started on Jun 12, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.