Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Physical Products Site

nates450r
Trust:

Physical Products Site

Hello guys, hope all are enjoying the holiday season.

I want to build a physical products affiliate site and i wanted to know a few things/advice

What is a good physical products affiliate network? (i know about cj)
but with cj there are only a select few of products that you can promote.
(example if i promote samsung products) i want to be able to promote samsung tv's,phones,dvd players etc.
sort of free range promoting

another thing is when you are building a new website? and you are signing up to the affiliate program some ask you for your website so they can aprove of it but if its not done yet?? what do you do there?
newstart
Trust:
Often the merchants featured on Consumer Junction will be satisfied by checking out your track history. Others will require a fully functioning website. Research their merchant lists to determine what is available that you would be interested affiliating with their product line.

For a wide product range I would suggest the Amazon affiliate program. The commission percentages are low however the price value of the products can be high making the dollar commissions acceptable.

I have found "Market Health" to be an excellent affiliate program. The products have an acceptable percentage commission payout. Also the products solve a problem that someone afflicted with the ailment will readily pay for a solution. I just established a site using some of these products. The site has quickly become a money producer.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Margene Smith
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

CJ is good for physical products, there are a LOT of different programs there so you have to wade through and find the best payouts, cookie life, etc.

As for having your site ready, why not set it all up and then add the affiliate links? Getting a site up and building traffic is the first priority as no one will see your links until you have visitors. I would also recommend starting a newsletter or email series before adding affiliate links as this will allow you to market these links several times in the future.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

jcdean
Trust:
I would start with amazon. Very easy and converts well.

I do allot with Amazon UK. a little less competitive.

Big Tip.

When a new product is launched, such as a laptop, people will search for info on it by the model number.

You can usually get the exact match domain for the model number. http://32ld320.com/ My site number 5 in google UK. It was a TV and I was actually number three when it was first released.

Hardly any body does this but it works like gain busters. It only takes a few minutes to build one of these spammy little sites and they make a few hundred bucks while the buz is high.

It dosen't sound like much but 300 or so bucks for 10 minutes of work, can add up after awhile.
Respect,
JC Dean

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could find products to promote in Market Health, Ebay and Amazon. (JC gave a good tip on starting with Amazon UK). :)

Amazon really has a good affiliate program. Many affiliates have had success with Amazon since it has a huge range of products that you can promote and you will find products to suit most niches.

Most of the products have high conversion rates because Amazon has a good reputation and customers are comfortable buying their products. So when a customer visits Amazon through your affiliate link there is a good chance they may buy the product.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

chettvq24
Trust:
I like amazon as well, I find they convert well as people will buy things you are not even promoting even though they generally pay lower commissions.

You might consider using something like skimlinks or vigilink as they let you choose from lots of merchants in one place, the only downside is they do take a percentage of the commission.

That is a nice method jcdean. I looked at UK sites once but found you could not enable privacy on .co.uk domains. Are you using a .com on uk hosting or do you just have no privacy?.
Last edited by chettvq24 on 29 Nov 11 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcdean
Trust:
chettvq24 wrote:I like amazon as well, I find they convert well as people will buy things you are not even promoting even though they generally pay lower commissions.
You might consider using somthing like skimlinks or vigilink as they let choose from lots of merchants in one place, the only downside is they do take a percentage of the commission.

That is a nice method jcdean. I looked at uk sites once but found you could not enable privacy on .co.uk domains. Are you using a .com on uk hosting or do you just have no privacy?.

A dot com works just fine for a product sold in the UK.

I think I forgot to mention that the products sold in the UK generally have there own distinct model numbers, so only really getting searches from folk in the UK.

Probably goes for other place too, like Australia.
Respect,
JC Dean

This topic was started on Nov 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.