Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

opt-in form

macleon
Trust:

opt-in form

I have put a form to collect name and email address on the front page of my website(using Wordpress).I want the data collected onto my email address at the Hosting database which is Hostmonster.. I put that email address as the destination on my form; But when I test it it I could not see or collect the data onto my email address. Any one who could help. Thank you very much.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The list is collected by your autoresponder, not by your webhost. To have a list of subscribers, you first need to create the opt in form in your autoresponder and then paste the opt in box code into your site.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

faradina
Trust:
Hi Macleon,

If you do not yet have an autoresponder service, we recommend MailPush.

It's US$1 for the first month, and $19 a month thereafter, so you could actually try it out for just $1.

I hope that helps.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Most newsletter service provided by web hosting companies does not support automatic adding of email addresses in the mailing list which means that you have to manually add the addresses in your hosting account's control panel. Mailpush is indeed better than this as it provides you a pre-made form that you can easily add into your sidebar and articles. Anyone who signs up in the form will receive an email verification (double opt in) so you can be sure that only those who are interested will be added into your mailing list. This feature is usually not available in most newsletter service provided by hosting companies.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

macleon
Trust:
michellerana wrote:The list is collected by your autoresponder, not by your webhost. To have a list of subscribers, you first need to create the opt in form in your autoresponder and then paste the opt in box code into your site.

Thanks! Sorry I should have replied earlier.
macleon
Trust:
faradina wrote:Hi Macleon,

It's US$1 for the first month, and $19 a month thereafter, so you could actually try it out for just $1.

I hope that helps.

Thanks! I thought Awebber is cheaper. Does it charge about $5.00 a month?
macleon
Trust:
mikeantiga wrote:Most newsletter service provided by web hosting companies does not support automatic adding of email addresses in the mailing list which means that you have to manually add the addresses in your hosting account's control panel. Mailpush is indeed better than this as it provides you a pre-made form that you can easily add into your sidebar and articles. Anyone who signs up in the form will receive an email verification (double opt in) so you can be sure that only those who are interested will be added into your mailing list. This feature is usually not available in most newsletter service provided by hosting companies.

Thanks for nyour input.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
@Macleon, You're welcome!
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Macleon wrote:
faradina wrote:Hi Macleon,

I hope that helps.

Thanks! I thought Awebber is cheaper. Does it charge about $5.00 a month?

Aweber is the same as Mailpush. MailPush is Mark's Private Label version of Aweber. They are priced the same :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Oct 31, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.