Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

On-page SEO

robting8
Trust:

On-page SEO

Hi,

I have a question that maybe someone with more knowledge can answer, I would appreciate it.

So Traffic Travis claims that your title tags should be longer than 39 characters because they sometimes show up in the description on the search engine results page so people can read them right. So what i did was make my title tags more descriptive than just the keyword phrase.

Using X-site pro to build a website it will automatically name the file name the same as the title tag. This can make for some long filenames. What i did was re-name the file names exactly the same as the keyword phrase, so it's shorter.

Is it more important for the file names to be exactly the same as the title tags or is it more important for the filenames to be shorter as long as they contain the keyword phrase? Or does it not matter at all?

Thank you for your time, you answer is greatly appreciated.

Rob Ting
mattjrichter
Trust:
Hi Robting8, you can have complete control over your Google SERP display by utilizing Rich Code Snippets and the rel=Author Meta tag, you can even have your company logo or Google+ Profile Photo display on your SERP results.

A little heads up, Google's Author Rank is going to change the way SEO in general is conducted in the very near future. So I would suggest that honing your wordsmithing skills would be very advantageous for the New SEO that is fast approaching.

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bi ... swer=99170

I hope this helps.
Checkout Bonepig's Picks of the Week | The Latest in High-End Consumer Electronics | Quality Above Quantity | www.bonepig.com

Site Admin
maryt
Trust:
Hi Rob,

You can shorten the file name as this is more convenient and I do not think that saving your tags with shorter file name can affect your on-page SEO. As long as the keywords are there, then yes you may do so.

Mary
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! https://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: https://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

ryuchi
Trust:
If the title tag is too long, I would use a shorter text on the page (with my keyword) that will work as a good query. Creating a title tag with 67 characters or lower is safe for search results. I would rather use a short, keyword rich, and search-friendly title tag than have google change and customize it.
roycecanada1
Trust:
robting8 wrote:Hi,

I have a question that maybe someone with more knowledge can answer, I would appreciate it.

So Traffic Travis claims that your title tags should be longer than 39 characters because they sometimes show up in the description on the search engine results page so people can read them right. So what i did was make my title tags more descriptive than just the keyword phrase.

Using X-site pro to build a website it will automatically name the file name the same as the title tag. This can make for some long filenames. What i did was re-name the file names exactly the same as the keyword phrase, so it's shorter.

Is it more important for the file names to be exactly the same as the title tags or is it more important for the filenames to be shorter as long as they contain the keyword phrase? Or does it not matter at all?

Thank you for your time, you answer is greatly appreciated.

Rob Ting

for the on page seo

title
discraption
header h1and h2
images
sitemape
keyword
mata keyword
and etc
blogger792
Trust:
On Page Seo Op.,,,,

Title
Description
Header H1 Tag To H6 Tag Use In website Or Blog
Image Optimization
Sitemape Submission Google Bing Yahoo Ask Etc....
High Search Volume Keyword Use In Site
Meta Keyword
Unique Content Write And Use 3 Or 4 Keyword Use
tankctrlr
Trust:
Yeah shorten the file names.

my list:

High quality content
fresh content added
aesthetically pleasing theme/template
low bounce rate
good user experience/nav
more time on site
more pages visited
social features
KW in Title tag, natural
1-3 KW in content, natural
KW in descriptions, natural
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

soingo61
Trust:
Onpage is still important in the including 3 meta tag "title - depcription - keyword"
stambelslover
Trust:
I'd personally rather utilize a small, keyword prosperous, and also search-friendly subject draw than have got google alter and also customize this.
Last edited by maryt on 07 Jan 13 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed anchor text

sbsambrooks33
Trust:
High quality content
fresh content added regularly
decent navigation
KW in descriptions
KW in Title tag
1-3 KW in content, natural
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Don't forget keywords in image alt tags Doesn't hurt to add a "title" element either.

An outbound link or two to authority sites helps too, like *.edu or *.gov websites, or recognized authority *.com sites.

This topic was started on Nov 29, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.