Joined: 01 Jun 09
21 Oct 10 1:15 am
Well, I am not James :) but I firmly believe that putting up high-quality articles which are at the same time highly-relevant to your website's main topic and targeted keywords is the best way to get people to trust your site as well as build it up to be an authority site.
I do not know of any and have never used an article template but what I do when I write articles are the following steps:
1. choose a topic which falls neatly under what my website is about. In this, I list several topics and decide which one I can do based on stock knowledge and available material
2. brainstorm for ideas. I list down my thoughts about the topic as well as ask myself questions about it. Then I go about answering those questions through research.
3. After doing research, I arrange the material in a logical order. This would be my outline for the article.
4. With the material organized, I begin the first draft of my article. What I concentrate on while writing the first draft is to get the ideas on paper (figuratively, as i use my PC when writing). In other words, I just write it, using the material I have gathered.
5. After writing the first draft, I leave ti and do something else entirely, then go back to it after a bit of time. Leaving it refreshes my mind so that I can look at the draft from a fresh perspective. Then I would add or remove ideas depending on the message that I wish to convey in the article, and even rewrite/rearrange entire sentences and/or paragraphs.
6. Once I am satisfied with the results of rewriting/revising (which I may do several times), I check for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization and, voila! The original article is ready.
I hope that helps :)