Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

New to Affiliates--site help needed

jrpt
Trust:

New to Affiliates--site help needed

Hi all-

First post here. I am brand new to the affiliate concept (but very exicited) and realize that many affiliate sites are based on reviews and product information then leading the consumer to the product. I have a slightly different take on it and figure why not just join the crowd and provide another link to the products people are searching for. With my SEO skills + PPC campaigns + Social Media marketing, I feel fairly confident I can get good results but that remains to be seen.

My first crack at this is an affiliate for medical supplies which then leads the consumer to a participating business. I have not added any more info other than the products themselves.

I guess my question is: Can this concept work? There's no mistaking what I'm trying to sell (or direct) so if I can potentially get found, I like my chances. I have ~10 other similar site concepts in my head but before I go and start chipping away at them, I want to get some quality feedback on whether or not its just too basic of a site.

Thanks!!

Jeff
Last edited by jrpt on 21 Oct 10 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
well, you have the concept of promoting the products, but there is no incentive to buy, or reason they should trust you.

I would recommend writing articles, or maybe a blog on the different types of walkers and chairs, why one would be better than another, and how to choose the right one. Give people a reason to trust you. then, recommend a specific one with each article.

Basically, I see your concept, but there is no reason to go through your site rather than directly through. Also, everything on your site is done via javascript, wich search engine bots wont be able to read. Adding articles will give them some text to read, so that you can get search rankings.

you just have a catalog of different walkers there right now, which doesn't help someone who is trying to decide what they need. your job should be to help them in some way to reach that decision.

Remember, if you focus on helping people, it will show, and you will be rewarded. if you are just out to make a buck, that will show too, and people will be less likely to trust you. when people ask where they got their walker, most of your people will probably say 1800wheelchair. Where as if someone buys something through a site that helped them make the decision, they would probably recommend that site.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

jrpt
Trust:
James-

Thanks for the reply. You're 100% correct and that's why I'm posting simple questions. The idea of giving someone an alternate reason to use my service/site was what I am missing and need to work on.

Are you a firm believer in article publishing as the best way to get some trust and publicity? Do you have a suggestion for a good article template that converts well?

Thanks again and I'll be back soon.
faradina
Trust:
Well, I am not James :) but I firmly believe that putting up high-quality articles which are at the same time highly-relevant to your website's main topic and targeted keywords is the best way to get people to trust your site as well as build it up to be an authority site.

I do not know of any and have never used an article template but what I do when I write articles are the following steps:

1. choose a topic which falls neatly under what my website is about. In this, I list several topics and decide which one I can do based on stock knowledge and available material

2. brainstorm for ideas. I list down my thoughts about the topic as well as ask myself questions about it. Then I go about answering those questions through research.

3. After doing research, I arrange the material in a logical order. This would be my outline for the article.

4. With the material organized, I begin the first draft of my article. What I concentrate on while writing the first draft is to get the ideas on paper (figuratively, as i use my PC when writing). In other words, I just write it, using the material I have gathered.

5. After writing the first draft, I leave ti and do something else entirely, then go back to it after a bit of time. Leaving it refreshes my mind so that I can look at the draft from a fresh perspective. Then I would add or remove ideas depending on the message that I wish to convey in the article, and even rewrite/rearrange entire sentences and/or paragraphs.

6. Once I am satisfied with the results of rewriting/revising (which I may do several times), I check for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization and, voila! The original article is ready.

I hope that helps :)
jrpt
Trust:
Hi again-

I'm back for some more great advice from the experts here.

I've done some reading and realize with my affiliate site I'll need to get really adept at PPC/Adwords in order to compete as I'd like to. Obviously, landing pages are so important so I've gone ahead and made one for my targeted product which is a Lift Chair for the Elderly. I've tried to remove as much 'junk' from the site for this page and get the reader to focus on the product.

The page is at http://walkersandwheelchairs.com/buying-lift-chair-ad.html. Again, I want any and all criticism and things to change/add to get the best possible conversions. I am a physical therapist giving sound advice to people needing these types of products but also want to direct people to my affiliate.

Thanks.

Jeff

This topic was started on Oct 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.