Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Need help with Paint Net and a header banner

PremiumMember
brighton
Trust:

Need help with Paint Net and a header banner

I've updated the version of paint.net and somehow I think that has messed me up some - not sure. I can't get the text to show up on the header I'm creating. I've already worked with Affilorama support team - I'm doing the procedure right but still no results - they are stumped too and suggested someone in the forum might know. So anyone out there - any clues?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Brighton,
Have you got all layers selected? and are they set to visible?
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
brighton
Trust:
Troy: how would I check that "set to visible"? I've seen everything else
I've done - just assumed I should see the text as well but am not for some frustrating reason. If you could tell me how to check that I will. and many thanks!
wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
If you have done it correctly you should have a separate layer for your text.
When you click F7 to show your layers double click on the text layer which should pop up bottom right of screen.
You should now see a pop up box that say's "Visible"

However... if you have not used a separate layer for the text and you have just tried to type in the text over the banner, then you need to make sure the text is set to a different colour than the banner background other wise the text will not show up.
So choose the colour palette by clicking F8

Keep in mind that once you write the text on top of the same banner, you can not delete it.
That's why I say create a layer for it.

Let me know if that helps,
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Mar 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.