Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

My new site not indexed by Google after 2 weeks

aflrm
Trust:

My new site not indexed by Google after 2 weeks

Hi,

My new site with an EMD (exact match domain) is still not yet indexed by Google after two weeks. even if I have done the following:-

1. Unique content for 5 pages

2. Usual content such as About, Disclaimer, Disclosure, Contact, etc. (6 pages)

3. Added site to Google Webmaster Tools and submitted a xml sitemap too

4. Submitted site to Google for indexing

5. Some back linking

5.1 Some social bookmarking to Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon etc.

5.2 Submitted to Google through https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools ... ue=/addurl

5.3 Created accounts at Twitter, Pinterest and did some twitting and pinning as well

5.4 Submitted to meta/whois sites through Content Notifier

Not too sure what is the reason for such a long time because usually my previously sites get indexed fairly quickly with above methods.

I found out later that the domain which I bought is a dropped domain (the previous owner did not renew). Upon checking with Market Samurai and Majestico there exist about 800+ cumulative backlinks and the domain age is indicated a 2 year-old.

My questions:

6. How do we know the domain is banned and deindexed by Google previously?

7. What should I do now? Keep building backlinks and wait for Google to index OR write to Google to re-include the site in the index?

Appreciate your help and comments
miked333
Trust:
Are you using WordPress? Make sure your privacy settings in the WordPress options are set to allow search engine indexing. That got me one time and it took me a while to figure it out. Still not sure how it got set that way, but it's easy to fix.
tonylemar
Trust:
aflrm
Trust:
miked333,

The privacy settings is set correctly.

Thanks
ashley.weyers
Trust:
If those older links etc are for spammy content, you are going to have an uphill battle. I also have a site like that and I think until new high quality content outnumbers the old junk, it will get ignored.
aflrm
Trust:
Hi ashley.weyers,

So your site got indexed finally? How did you do it?

Or you just abandon the site?
ashley.weyers
Trust:
Hi aflrm

Sorry for the late reply. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning the site up, posted high quality articles, then made sure that the site file was cleaned up and resubmitted to webmaster tools.

Pushed the link building on new quality articles.

The site is getting about half the traffic it did, but at least its there.

Thanks
cantbeeliminated
Trust:
Hi, Try here to get the site indexed in Google with links https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools ... ue=/addurl

This topic was started on Jun 22, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.