Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Multiple websites

jmk909er58
Trust:

Multiple websites

If building multiple websites do I need to buy a new domain for each one or can multiple sites be created from one domain?

Thanks, Joe
Joe Koppel
Learn by trial and error (Lots of error)

cecille.l
Trust:
You can create a sub-domain for each website, meaning each site/domain you own can have several sub-domains. For example, you can have www.yoursite.com as your main domain/site and then place a blog as a sub-domain like blog.yoursite.com.

If you mean different websites, like 1 for each niche you will go into, then you need separate domains for that. Like 1 domain for weight loss, another for dog training, and another one for self-help.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

steve15
Trust:
You can use subdomains: site1.domain.com, site2.domain.com, site3.domain.com

To manage all of this, you could install Wordpress in Network mode.
PremiumMember
toosusan
Trust:
I have decided on my niche and picked the domain. the .com is available but so is the .net and .org. Do daddy will give a great price if I buy them all.

Should I buy all of these and then create multiple site with the same keywords to ultimately occupy all of page 1 on google :)
mbeelow
Trust:
toosusan wrote:I have decided on my niche and picked the domain. the .com is available but so is the .net and .org. Do daddy will give a great price if I buy them all.

Should I buy all of these and then create multiple site with the same keywords to ultimately occupy all of page 1 on google :)

No, it's definitely not a good idea. Just use redirecting to .com domain from org and net. Creating multiple sites here is not worth buying these domains.
kripkegirl
Trust:
I think I've finally gotten myself thinking like an internet marketer. I don't want to build a site that promotes dog training as a vague, generic, site. I want to build a site to each breed of dog, as that will bring more targeted, eager to buy traffic to my sites than just a single site that caters to *dogs* but not any specific kind of dog. Am I in the right mindset here?
createmoney
Trust:
I would say yes and no. Yes to the fact that focusing on a specific subject (particular dog breed) is a good idea as vague and vague and generic site would not cut it. And I say no to where you say you want to build a site for each breed. That is not really necessary as you may find that soon you will spread yourself thin especially when it comes to promoting your websites. the alternative will be to have 1 site and divide it into categories. Each category for each breed. then develop a silo kind of structure for your site where each category can have several articles and these articles should interlink, occasionally linking to another article in a different category. This way your site will still be targeted and maybe termed as an authority site though even 1-breed site can still be an authority site.

The idea is to avoid having to promote 5 or 10 different sites instead of 1 site.

I hope that helps
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
It depends upon your choice of creating different websites for different niches. Then I think you need to have separate domains.

This topic was started on May 29, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.