Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Menu on the Left or Right Sidebar?

timonweb
Trust:

Menu on the Left or Right Sidebar?

Some affiliate marketers say that you should place menu and links to articles in the left sidebar, others, in the right sidebar. Any weighted opinion on that? Maybe an usability/conversion research data? Left or Right?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
You could always use both for a time, then use a program like VisitorSpy to track where your visitors go - do they go to the left or to the right? That way you know for sure where those who come to your specific site naturally navigate towards. It could be different for different site layouts.

Traditionally a left menu is used as it caters for different screen sizes - no point having a right menu if its off the persons screen because theyre running a small resolution screen.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mickeuan
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Another question regarding the sidebar. I am using the AffiloBlueprint Theme 1.0 and I would like to place the sidebar on the right hand side. Is there an easy way to do this. I tried editing the stylesheet but I think that there are other theme files that need editing.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Michael
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Michael, there's a post on the Affiloblueprint forum about this. Check it out here: post31582.html

This topic was started on Oct 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.