Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

MAMP server help please

nelsencaleb
Trust:

MAMP server help please

Hello everyone, currently I am attempting to set up a server. I have successfully completed all the steps except the last one here. I am using Dreamweaver also as a program and I'm on a Mac. Could someone please show me a screenshot of what the server stuff should look like, because I'm confused.

Thanks in advance,

Caleb
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
umm whoa there....

aRe you trying to run this off of your home computer?dreamweaver and wordpress, umm i think you have confused me. What are you trying to do?

you dont install wordpress on your computer, and if you are using wordpress, you dont need dream weaver, they are two programs that do the same thing basically, Word press is something that is installed on your webhosting server not your computer. it works totally online.
i will pm you, and try to help you out
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

nelsencaleb
Trust:
Hmm.. I thought that I deleted this thread, sorry. I did figure it out though! My wordpress is all messed up though and I want to delete the current site that I made. If you have any information on this though that'd be much helpful to me.

Thanks a lot, it's nice to have guru's on the forum.

Caleb
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
ugh, dont call me that, im no guru. just slightly ahead of you in experienc. lol some people think GURu is an offensive term used for people who are fake and only want to scam you...
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

nelsencaleb
Trust:
Oh, I did not know that terminology till now.

Thanks,

Caleb
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
lol thats ok, very few people do. most people think it is a good thing. personally i cant stand gurus. they are usually self proclaimed fools who pretend they are perfect..

i do recommend listening to the real EXPERTS though like Mark and his staff. :)

This topic was started on Jul 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.