Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Is iWeb a good website builder?

PremiumMember
fridge7602
Trust:

Is iWeb a good website builder?

Hey folks, I've decided to give this web business a real shot but I have an Apple iMac. With its iLife package I have a app called iWeb. Is there any user here who could tell me if this is a good website builder, or should I use WordPress or XsitePro?
jcdean
Trust:
Don't know about iWeb but Wordpress is easy as cake, and the search engines seem to favor it.
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I don't know about iWeb either, but the beauty of Mark's program is that the tool you use to build your site really doesn't matter. You can build it with Wordpress, XsitePro, Dreamweaver... You could even build it by hand if you so choose. Some methods might take more work than others, but the tool you use is totally up to you. Keep in mind, though, that the Affilorama staff has been trained to answer questions with Wordpress and XSitePro. They might be able to give you some general info on the other methods, but might not be able to answer in detail with other programs.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
fridge7602
Trust:
thanks for the help.
faradina
Trust:
The other advantages of using wordpress are:

- if you host your site on Affilorama Premium Hosting, we can provide LOTS of help with it. Our Mike Antiga is an expert :) and I myself know more than just a bit about wordpress.

- wordpress is a free CMS

- many people are developing wordpress plugins and themes, so that you get many options for design and added functionality
thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

Based on my research, iweb offers simplicity and great designs. It is the ideal tool for anyone to create a high impact web site in no time. But if you are asking if what website builder should you use, I can say that Wordpress is the best. Since it's a free tool and very easy to manage, Wordpress is the most user-friendly website builder.

The free WordPress web building software offers dozens of free features, including themes and templates to choose from, an integrated stats system, blogs, photo and video uploads, sidebar widgets, and more!
tabbca
Trust:
For small business or simple website, there is no need to use complex website building software. A simple and user-friendly content management software is enough, because it is cheap even free and easy to manage. That is why I create the ControlCentral.
http://www.tabb.ca-Online to do list and time management software-Project Schedule Tool
http://www.rapidpage.ca-Website design and marketing Ontario Canada
http://www.controlcentral.ca-Manage and control your website

This topic was started on Feb 04, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.