Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

I published my site but it is still showing a blank page

newstart
Trust:

I published my site but it is still showing a blank page

I have XSite Pro 1.6. The program indicates the website has been published successfully. The host service is AffiloHost. It has been 24 hours since being published. It is still a blank page on the internet. What have I forgotten to do? Can you help me with this or send me to someone who can.
faradina
Trust:
Make sure that you uploaded your website to the public_html folder and not to any sub-folder.
If you have not yet done so, you will also need to delete the default index file on Affilorama hosting. It is named index.html
newstart
Trust:
I did upload by website to public_html folder and deleted the default index (index.html) on Affilorama hosting.

When I search for my website however I get the following message: "You don't have permission to access/on this server. Additionally, a 404 not found error was encountered while trying to use an error document to handle the request.

I get error messages in my error log on Affilorama hosting saying "(error) Directory index forbidden by rule" and "(error) file does not exist "

In XSite Pro in the box entitled Extra Publishing Details on the line asking for homepage file name what do I put there? I'm wondering if this is part of my problem. It states that I should type in index.html unless my server is set up in a non-standard way. Since you told me to delete index.html in Affilorama hosting I'm not sure what to put here. It won't let me leave it blank so I put public_html. That apparently is not right since I continue to get error messages. (I also got error messages when I had index.html in there) Is this my problem or is it something else?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I could see that your site is up and running.
It seems that the problem has been resolved :)

The homepage file name in XSitePro is "index.html".
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Jan 13, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.