Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Howto: Insert html as webpage opens

tyuqte
Trust:

Howto: Insert html as webpage opens

I have a website with a link to pages on the site in a table on the left of each page.

I started with 15 webpages and am now at 52. My problem:
Everytime the links change I have to change 50+ webpages - chee!! and it will continue to change and the number of pages I must change continues to grow.

Surely there is a way to have a table on a single web page that can be inserted to each page as it opens and then I would only have to change that page as the site grows???????

Can anyone help me?
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Not with HTML, but you can with PHP, though that's outside of Affilorama's support scope. Wordpress will do this for you.

Basically, what you have to do is save the table in a page by itself (no other HTML around it, just start with the table tag). Then you can use a PHP include to add it to your page. But you have to save as php files for it to work.

If you want to learn more about how to do this with PHP, including examples, check out W3Schools.com.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jethro.aragon
Trust:
I agree, Wordpress will really make it all easier. But if you want to create your own site, learning PHP would really help. Try looking for some tutorials and for sure you'll find the codes there. But still, try considering WordPress. Cheers.

Jethro
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

esolutions
Trust:
You can look into PHP includes (which will solve your problem), but Wordpress has it already done for you, so the best advice is to switch.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Aug 12, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.