Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to reduce pixel on the picture u want to put on your sit

andy7
Trust:

How to reduce pixel on the picture u want to put on your sit

Can anyone help me how to reduce picture resolution so that i could put it on the website.
dragon33
Trust:
Hi Andy there is a program called pixresizer. You can download it for free!
Probably there are other ways but i use it myself
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I use a Photoshop clone called Corel PhotoPaint for manipulating images. You can also use a free open source alternative called http://gimp.org/
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Yup, pretty much any image editing software will be able to reduce the size of your pictures. You can also try using Google's Picasa software, which is really handy for keeping photos and graphics organized in general. It has basic functions like crop and resize, and you can export graphics at a smaller size. It's easy to use and free, but because it is a photo editing software it's not hugely useful for creating titles and banners and all that other stuff.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Assuming your picture is from a digital camera - the photos are nearly always much larger than the size we view them at and contain lots more information than our screens can show. The process of reducing the amount of data without detracting from the images appearance is referred to as "Optimizing". There are two basic methods of doing this:

1. Resize the image. Most graphics software has a resize function. Open up the image and resize it, this is not the same as a zoom function. This actually compresses the image into a smaller area (zoom just alters your view, not the actual image itself). Now save the resized image as a JPEG or JPG file. This file format will save the image in the least number of colours and pixels to give that same image when reloaded. (For simpler images like logos that require less tonal graduations - use GIF format - it cuts down on the colour graduations to produce a smaller file again).

2. Image Compression - this is a separate function that alters the algorithms used to store the picture data in a file. Top end Graphics software has a separate function for this - usually an option called Optimise. This is either accessable from the Image commands (Ulead or Adobe)or as an one of the Options in the file save process (eg Paintshop Pro).

The Gimp that was suggested is a "Top End" graphics program - don't be fooled that it's free - it has ALL the bell and whistles of Adobe (for a very good reason - but that's another story)
andy7
Trust:
Thx 4 yr help guys
:D