Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to make an exit popup with video link?

paulinmonterey
Trust:

How to make an exit popup with video link?

I'm using wordpress with affilotheme and want to create an exit popup with a link to an affiliate video on my squeeze page.

How do I go about doing this? Can this be done with plugins or do I need to know HTML or CSS?

I've been searching plugins for a couple hours and haven't found anything that looks right. I've found plugins for creating exit popups but not with video links. Is this accomplished with multiple plugins or am I missing something?

Paul
fvaffiliates
Trust:
I think i am not getting what exactly you want ... you want to link to your affiliate video on squeeze page ... so basically you will link your squeeze page .. right?

you can use this script .. it worked fine for me on webpage.. not sure if it will work on WP as well but there is no harm in trying..

You can link any page with it .. just replace www.YOURWEBSITEHERE.COMwith your exit page link

Place this code in the main file ..

<!-- Start of Exit Popup-->

<script language="javascript">
(function() {
setTimeout(function() {
var __redirect_to = 'www.YOURWEBSITEHERE.COM';//

var _tags = ['button', 'input', 'a'], _els, _i, _i2;
for(_i in _tags) {
_els = document.getElementsByTagName(_tags[_i]);
for(_i2 in _els) {
if((_tags[_i] == 'input' && _els[_i2].type != 'button' && _els[_i2].type != 'submit' && _els[_i2].type != 'image') || _els[_i2].target == '_blank') continue;
_els[_i2].onclick = function() {window.onbeforeunload = function(){};}
}
}

window.onbeforeunload = function() {
setTimeout(function() {
window.onbeforeunload = function() {};
setTimeout(function() {
document.location.href = __redirect_to;
}, 500);
},5);
return 'WAIT BEFORE YOU GO! CLICK THE *CANCEL* BUTTON RIGHT NOW! PAGE. I HAVE SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL FOR YOU COMPLETELY FREE.';
}
}, 500);
})();
</script>

<!-- End of Exit Popup -->
Shaishav Sood
(An Affiliate Marketer)

paulinmonterey
Trust:
fvaffiliates,

Thanks for the script! I haven't tried it yet since I'm not sure exactly what to do with it. Basically what I want to do is, on my squeeze page only;

When someone closes the window, I want a popup to appear with a video player link. Kind of like a "watch this video before you go" popup. When they click the play button on the video player it will take them to the video sales page of an affiliate product.

At my level of experience I was hoping to be able to do all this with plugins but I can probably swing something a little more technical. Thanks again.

Paul
fvaffiliates
Trust:
Basically this script does almost the same except for the link on the message box. .. when a visitor tries to close a page, the pop up appears with a message that asks to stay on page ... check here (http://screencast.com/t/qEH5B4rmM) ... once the person hits the "stay on page", they will be taken to any page you want ...

You can see live here on my page (http://www.futurevisionaffiliates.com/go/rcw/index.html)

See if this is of any use to you ...

Shaishav
Shaishav Sood
(An Affiliate Marketer)

paulinmonterey
Trust:
Shaishav,

Ok. I've played around with it a bit and even though it's not quite what I'm looking for, it may come in handy for something else one day. Thanks again.

Paul
jill.wasey
Trust:
I installed the wbounce exit popup plugin. I was able to add a video link (see my download page: http://www.briteinsitedatingtips.com/fr ... -download/). The popup will trigger when you go to exit the page. It needs a bit of design work on it, but at least works.

Let me know if anyone wants me to post the html. I'll be happy to provide the code I added, and the steps I took. It's really easy, I promise!

However, I cannot add this to my squeeze page. Does anyone know how to do this as there is no option to the right on the design view of the squeeze page?

Thanks,
Jill

This topic was started on Oct 30, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.