Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to edit wordpress theme with new header image

curtis1974
Trust:

How to edit wordpress theme with new header image

Hi guys, I am following the blogging blue print step by step method at the moment. I have a slight problem. I am using one of the free wordpress theme currently offered by wordpress but my site needs to be themed for the niche. Does anyone here knows how to create a world of warcraft header image and replace the current image on my site?

If you can, Please pm me so I can show you the site.

Thanks
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Curtis,

You can use any image editor, such as Paint.net, the GIMP, or (if you have it) Photoshop, to create the header if you know what size to make it. As to how you change it, it may depend on theme you are using. I know in the AffiloBlueprint theme, you can change the header from the Theme Options page in the wp-admin area. Whether you can do this with other themes or not, I have not checked. Some you might be able to. But that's where I would look to see if you have that capability.

(Note that the AffiloBluepint theme is not the same theme as the blogging bootcamp theme.)

Hope this helps a little.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

curtis1974
Trust:
Thanks Grady, I am currently looking into it. I know the size and will look around for a good image.
dalemartin12
Trust:
Curtis,

You can also edit the header image by clicking on Appearance over on the left sidebar of the WP-admin area and then click on editor. Once in editor look for a file on the right hand side called header.php. Click on that file to open the editor. You should be able to update the html for the graphic there. If you cannot find the image link in that file it will probably be listed in the style.css file. Click on that file and you will be able to edit it there. look for the area under header or banner and you are looking for an image link that you will replace the file name for. Just be sure to upload your graphic file to the images folder when you are done.

This is a bit more advanced but if you understand html and css you should be able to figure it out.

PM me if you need help.

Dale

This topic was started on Dec 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.