Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to drive traffic to my blog

rhoda1990
Trust:

How to drive traffic to my blog

Hello, how can i drive traffic to my blog link removed by moderator

Does article marketing work? Is twitter better for fast traffic? How would social bookmarking help/work?

I know i have asked this before but in 12 months with hard work, 30 hours a week, could i earn say...$80,000 my first year??? I actually spoke to some seo guy that said 100k is possible,but i dont know.
jethro.aragon
Trust:
Hi rhoda1990,

There are a lot of things you could do to improve traffic to your site. But the best way to do it is by knowing what's fact and what's misleading information. You could always do article marketing, twitter, social bookmarking, etc. but it might not work if you don't do it right.

I want you to start this journey by knowing what this is all about and how to actually start it the right way. Knowledge is always the key... so that you know what's realistic and what's not.
Go to this page: https://www.affilorama.com/introduction. I assure you, you will have a better understanding after reading the information available there. I hope these information helps you.

Jethro
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

mark schaaf
Trust:
I wouldn't listen to your SEO guy, if working hard for 30 hours a week would make us 80,000 a year we would all be doing it.
Mark

esolutions
Trust:
Anything of course is possible. $80,000 is pennies when you get a huge amount of traffic to a well structured and converting sales funnel. The key of course is making all of those things happen. Like Jethro said, there is just so much that you will need to learn. Visit the link he provided and get learning! Getting Twitter traffic is not going to do anything if you have neglected other areas of the site and sales process.

Bottom line, if you are determined to succeed, define your success, work towards it and you will achieve it!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

colormecharisse
Trust:
rhoda1990 wrote:Hello, how can i drive traffic to my blog link removed by moderator

Does article marketing work? Is twitter better for fast traffic? How would social bookmarking help/work?

I know i have asked this before but in 12 months with hard work, 30 hours a week, could i earn say...$80,000 my first year??? I actually spoke to some seo guy that said 100k is possible,but i dont know.

rhoda1990,

A friendly tip that I use: set social facebook fanpage, twitter account, Digg (huge network) and possible a squidoo lens.

All in the effort to aggregate traffic to your lead site.

I believe getting your content popular on one or more social media platforms, provides you the opportunity to get a massive amount of visibility in front of possibly the largest audience of influencers on the web.

Let me know how things are going for you now.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Seo people always tell you about getting Thousands of visitors. People will promise you ANYTHING to get a sale, always remember that!

Also, there is a difference between POSSIBLE and Realistic expectations for a newbie with no experience.

You CAN make 100,000 in your first year, if you happen to be perfect at everything the very first time that you do it, but that doesn't happen often (although miracles do occur)

the reality is that most blogs NEVER make 80,000 much less in 1 year!

That being said, there are ways to get there with hard work, and investing in your business.

Blogs do better initially with social traffic. Start engaging other bloggers, writing guest posts, commenting on their blogs, and building a reputation within your niche.

Over time, you will start getting people to link to your blog, sharing your content with their readers, and promoting your stuff. Blogging works a lot on the theory " if you scratch my back, I will scratch yours!"
Promote their stuff, even if you don't have much of a following yet, and they will promote your stuff, and if you do it right, they will have a better following.

Also, look for smaller blogs and build up from there to start with. For example, If I had gone to ProBlogger 2 years ago and asked for a guest post, when NOBODY knew who I was, and my blog was just starting out, they would have laughed in my face at best, and simply ignored me at worst. But, now, I have been guest posting for almost 2 years on smaller blogs, and building my authority.

I have also been engaging the owners and editors of those authority blogs through social media, promoting their stuff, chatting with them, and sharing stuff back and forth that we like, both personal stuff and business related. IT has been a lot of time focusing on building a relationship and asking for NOTHING in return.

I could approach the bigger authority blogs like ProBlogger now, and not only can I send them my guest post for their blog, but I can refer them to my popular guest posts with over 100 comments on other blogs within the niche. They already know who I am because we have been chatting through various social media sites, and he has read some of my blog posts already, all of which will increase my chances of them approving my guest post on their site.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

evilla.drazen
Trust:
Hey rhoda1990,

I'd also like to give you this simple yet effective tip on driving traffic right into your blog:

Images don't just make your blog look pretty, they also help people find you in search engine listings. People often use the image search options offered by Google, Yahoo! and other search engines, and naming your images with search engine optimization in mind can easily boost your traffic.

I'm sure this would be a great help.:)

This topic was started on Aug 01, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.