Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to create an e-mail on my website?

sasha
Trust:

How to create an e-mail on my website?

Hi,

How do I create an e-mail address on my website, like [email protected]? How can I set it to use it in my Outlook? I see in the cPanel an icon for Mail and another for Webmail. Which one should I use? I'm using Hostgator.

The Mail icon is the Mail Manager Main Menu and has several options, and in the Webmail icon I see 3 options: Horde, SquirrelMail and RoundCube.

I really have no clue what I need to do or how to do it...

Thank you,

Slavenska
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
In cpanel, go to mail, then Add/Edit/Something Accounts

From there it should be pretty simple. Once you're done you can click an image to have it automatically configure it for outlook.

When I've done this, I've had to set one of the ports from 25 to 26, from within outlook express, so if you can receive but can't send emails, try that.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hi Slavenska,

There should be an option when you create the email account to automatically configure it for you in Outlook Express or whatever you use. You might have to download a file then double click it to install. Should be that simple :)
sasha
Trust:
You were right.. it was very easy.

Thanks a lot!!!! :P

Slavenska