Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to create a child theme based of Affilotheme?

sostech
Trust:

How to create a child theme based of Affilotheme?

Is there a guide to this?

I'm trying to mod affilotheme a little, so I got my own unique site

Having a problem creating child theme

has this been covered anywhere?
Last edited by sostech on 07 Jul 12 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

sostech
Trust:
I don't want to mess up the original

any ideas?
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
It's pretty easy to create a child theme. And it is a good idea, so that future changes by Affilorama won't affect your theme. Just go to http://www.wordpress.org and do a search on "child theme" for instructions.

Hope this helps....
_jim coe
sostech
Trust:
thanks for the reply

that was the 1st thing I tried...., I know how to create a basic child theme and yes that is easy.

Have you created an Affilotheme child theme specifically?

I'm trying to create a child theme for Avenue.

It's not straight forward like normal child themes, the path is a little more complex and a video or a detailed reply from staff may be very useful for all affiotheme users that want to tweak out their themes a bit more than the norm.

I'm able to activate the child theme but the theme comes up messed up, like its missing a .css files. I have messed around with all kinds of paths no luck yet.

Here is one of the many things I have tried; I made a folder called Ivymod_child inside affilotheme_2 themes folder. Within that folder I put a style.css with the following data.

/*
Description: A child theme for AffiloTheme v4.
Author: Ivy mod Affilo
Template: affilotheme_2
Version: 0.2
*/

@import url("css/avenue.css");

@import url("../affilotheme_2/style.css");

I need help with the paths.... here are some others paths I tried that sort of made things better but not perfect at all.

@import url("../affilotheme_avenue/css/avenue.css");

@import url("../affilotheme_2/affilotheme_avenue/style.css");

Has anyone specifically made a child theme of one of the affilothemes?
sostech
Trust:
amongst many other things I also tried

/*
Description: A child theme for AffiloTheme v4.
Author: Ivy mod Affilo
Template: affilotheme_avenue

*/

@import url("../css/avenue.css");

@import url("../affilotheme_2/affilotheme_avenue/style.css");

heres a link to what I got so far http://bigislandlive.com/wp/

any ideas?
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
@Setio808: Sorry I misinformed you. I've created child themes for the StudioPress Genesis framework and its themes and that worked fine and was as easy as what's shown in the WordPress codex.

Have not tried to create a child theme for Affilotheme. It seems to use child themes of it own by default?

Maybe best to wait for word from the staff or developers.

_jim coe
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I'm very sorry but we currently have no video instructions specific for Avenue Affilotheme.

I have forwarded your issue to our senior technical staff. Can you please respond to our email regarding our request for admin access to your WordPress dashboard?

I apologize for this inconvenience and I ask for your kind understanding. Talk soon!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Jul 07, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.