Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to control what part displays on the link target page

newrichedu
Trust:

How to control what part displays on the link target page

Hi,
Does anyone know how to control what part of a page (top, middle, bottom) a visitor sees after clicking on a link? I have an affiliate site and when a visitor clicks on my link I want to be able to have the link open on the bottom of the page I'm sending them to. (that's where the order button for the product is located) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Craig,

It is possible if you are doing this to one of your own pages by inserting an anchor tag in the code using the name attribute at the location you wanted to jump to.

For example, if you wanted to link to the bottom of a page, you could insert the tag <a name="bottom"><h3>Bottom of Page</h3></a> where you wanted to link to. Then, where you wanted to put your link, you would just add #bottom to the end of the link. If you happen to be in the same page, you could just reference the #bottom directly, but if you were on a different page, you would put <a href="linkpage.html#bottom">This links to the bottom of the page</a>.

If you are linking to a page belonging to someone else, unless they have an anchor like this already set up, you would not be able to do something like this.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

newrichedu
Trust:
Thanks for the help Grady.

Yes, it is a page belonging to someone else (I'm an affiliate). Links on my site send my visitors to their item order pages, about 100 different products, and unfortunately they have a poor order page design causing the customers to scroll down to find the order button (not in the fold).
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Craig
strait8
Trust:
This may help...

wordpress tutorials

This topic was started on Aug 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.