Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to Change the Images on Wordpress Headers

dinofly
Trust:

How to Change the Images on Wordpress Headers

A lot of WP templates come with images in the header. Is there a simple way to change those images or is the process different for each theme? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. It seems like it should be so simple. The only header I can change is the basic theme (Kubrik, I think). The rest leave me confounded. Is there a video or tutorial that can demonstrate the process? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Dino
Last edited by faradina on 23 Feb 10 7:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
There are WordPress themes that allow you to change header images and there are those that don't. You are right in saying that "the process [is] different for each theme". And that would be why there is no one single simple way to change those images.
There is no video or tutorial on Affilorama for this, unless it is the Affiloblueprint theme that you are using.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
One way of doing it (kind of a hack way!) is to right-click on your header image, then choose "view header image" or "copy image location" to find out whereabouts on your site it is stored.

Then create your own header with the same dimensions, and upload it to exactly the same place with exactly the same file name. That will replace your old header image, without needing to know whereabouts in the code it is called from.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

dinofly
Trust:
Thank you. I'm a bit of a hacker at things anyway so I'll give it a hack.

This topic was started on Feb 22, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.