Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How To Build Lots Of Websites Without Spending Much?

juderm
Trust:

How To Build Lots Of Websites Without Spending Much?

I have learned a lot of steps so far in building an affiliate marketing business. I learned that the more websites you create the more you earn as an affiliate. Now I am just a beginner and if I built lots of websites I will be spending lots of money for the hosting, domain and email host like Aweber. How can you advise me as a beginner with not much money to start?

Let us say if I have to create 15 websites to have a monthly profit of $2250 ($150 profit each web per month). I have to have at least $150 just for the 15 domain names alone. And I wonder if I have to pay one email account to each website from Aweber, so that will add up to $300 more plus the hosting fee for each website. Overall it will be lots of money to spend as a beginner.

Is there a free domain name website, a free hosting website and a free email account website that I can use while I am starting? What is the best move I can do as a newbie to start creating websites without hurting my pocket? I will appreciate your answers. Thanks in advance!

I enjoyed being here and I found it easier to learn. Thanks a lot!
joshuas
Trust:
Hi Juderm,

Actually you only need to pay for one autoresponder (like Aweber). Basically you pay for their monthly service which is $19 and you can then manage all your email lists for your different sites from that one account. A lot of hosting nowadays provided support for unlimited number of domain names so you can put all your domain names under one account also. I use Bluehost which is $6.95 a month if I'm not mistaken. So actually you're looking at spending about $25-30 a month (possibly cheaper if you pay the hosting yearly).

Bluehost also offers a free domain when you sign up so we're looking at $80+ dollars to start off. You can delay getting an autoresponder till you've got your site properly set up and when you do, services like Aweber give you a 30 day trial for $1 so that buys you more time to have your site earning money before you pay the full $19 a month.

If you're starting out I wouldn't advise getting more than 5 domain names to start with. It's hard enough to maintain one site when you're starting out. Trying 15 at one go would just make you prone to overwhelm and frustration at the lack of results. Start small, apply the tactics learned here through the Affilorama lessons and know exactly what works for you. When you start getting money in from your initial sites, then you can reinvest that into more sites so your business can pay for itself.

Joshua
oliviabest
Trust:
I will say to try free websites at Blogger or WordPress official websites. But you see there aren't so much advantages using them.

Also a great idea will be a few wide topic domains buying. Thus, you'll have a chance to use subdomains for related niche sites, of course if you have any.

Furthermore, if you're on a budget you may go to 'info domains'. They will probably cost about £1.

So, hope the tips will be helpful for you.
jacaranda
Trust:
Don't. Don't builde a large number of affiliate sites (or any sites) if you're just starting out. This will drain you up!

I agree with Joshuas, create those first few site and once they're earning enough, reinvest and build some more.. you can even hire someone to do some repetitive tasks for you - article writing for offpage seo, backlinking etc.

If you do decide to build that large number of sites.. prepare to look like me.. 30 something years old, looking like 50 for managing 50 or so sites!.. with just a few of them making a few bucks here and there.
newbie-friendly Membership site for Niche Marketing:

-> http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/

jacaranda
Trust:
oh btw.. once upon a time i used this free hosting.. if you're interested you can try it out too.. all you need is the domain name..

000webhosts.com .. that's $0.00 webhosts apparently.

(make sure you do regular backups... you've been warned)
newbie-friendly Membership site for Niche Marketing:

-> http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/

csherlock
Trust:
Yeah you could just stick with a few sites and concentrate on them. Trust me if you have an aim of 15 sites, then just keep that as an aim for now. Don't try and concentrate on to many to soon, you will over load yourself and you will start cutting corners which can harm you. If you want to earn money from multiple products at the same time i would say build an authority site. So for instance I have an LCD Review site in the UK that I just started last week, and I target each individual TV. Already the rank for their given keywords, I only have 5 reviews currently but I'm already on the first page for 3 keywords, plus the actual keyword in my domain which has 96 million results! check it out if you want. Sorry for the waffling, but to sum up, i would say pick a niche (thats sells products) and target different keywords and build backinks.
hope his helps

juderm
Trust:
Your answers are awesome!!!! Thank you so much for giving me some great ideas on how to start this business. I will defenitely do what you told me. So in other words start with about one to five sites and slowly adding more as I see the results of each. That sounds realistic! I know that super affiliates have hundreds of sites and I wonder how did they do when they were just starting out. Obviously they did not do it in a month time! One site alone for me as a newbie is too overwelming. I guess practice makes it easier to do. I am really excited to start the ball rolling! Your comments really helped me! Thanks again!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I'd start with 1, maybe two at most. Get it going and making at least a little. The more you focus, especially early on, the faster you'll learn and the faster you'll start to see results.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

juderm
Trust:
Thanks a lot for the great advise! So for those super affiliates they started less
then moved forward to more sites as they progress. I heard that some of them
have about more than 50 or even hundred. I guess they outsource most of them.
That sounds realistic to start one or two first. Thanks!
caro11
Trust:
jacaranda wrote:Don't. Don't builde a large number of affiliate sites (or any sites) if you're just starting out. This will drain you up!

I agree with Joshuas, create those first few site and once they're earning enough, reinvest and build some more.. you can even hire someone to do some repetitive tasks for you - article writing for offpage seo, backlinking etc.

If you do decide to build that large number of sites.. prepare to look like me.. 30 something years old, looking like 50 for managing 50 or so sites!.. with just a few of them making a few bucks here and there.

LOL, just as well I'm already that age!! (about)
It's true, it's draining when you have another job and things to think about.

Caro
waken
Trust:
It will not be advisable to build too many websites at the same time especially when you are just starting out (unless you're building autoblogs).

Else, having too many websites / blogs will just get you no where because you'll have problem maintaining them.

And since, cash is also an issue to you, why not building one website, optimize it till it make some moolah before you move to the next one?

Do it STEP BY STEP pal!

Good luck!
Internet Business Made Easy
http://www.NetBizSimplified.com

cecille.l
Trust:
Building one site on your own when you are starting out can be tough so try take things slowly. Get one site up and going and then when you feel like you've gotten all the basics, start another one. Remember that you have to do SEO for each site that you build, so its best to take things one step at a time.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

juderm
Trust:
Hi Waken...what do you mean by AUTOBLOGS? When you said...
"It will not be advisable to build too many websites at the same time especially when you are just starting out (unless you're building autoblogs)."
Is this something that you can create quick sites and see results? Like just landing pages or squeeze pages??? I would like to know. Thanks!

Thank you very much to all your advise! I am learning a lot from you. I will do what you just told me. Thanks again!
cecille.l
Trust:
Autoblogs are blogs that are updated automatically by gathering posts all over the internet, usually thorough RSS feeds. You can set it up to publish posts at specific times in the day or week. Autoblogs are not advisable since the content you will have in it will be considered duplicate since it is coming from another site.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

fastnobull
Trust:
I tried Autoblogs, but it's a very huge niche now. You'll be forced to study hard on it if you want to make it far, as the algorithm with Google constantly changes.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Autoblogging is just another way people have come up with to spam the net with a load of junk sites that are worthless to readers, google and everyone else involved. (as you can tell I don't have a high opinion of them..) Instead, build one site, focus on learning SEO and keyword research especially.

pick a niche that you enjoy working in. Most people I see who try to start an affiliate marketing site give up because they are only in it for the money. IF that is you, then you will probably join the thousands of people who get hyped up early on and give up within a few months because you havent made 1 sale much less gotten rich llike you thought.

The affiliate marketing model works really well, but after 3 years of it I can tell you :

1, there is no such thing as an "autopilot site"
you are constantly having to work on better seo, keeping your rankings up, adding fresh content, and maintenance. although it becomes easier to do once you get it going initially, it does still require some work.

2, it is not a FAST way to make money. the people telling you that youwill make money fast are just trying to sell you something. It takes time and work, and as a newbie, you will make a lot of mistakes (we all do...). as you get more experience, you can build more sites faster, but you really dont need to.

honestly, the people I know who have loads of sites actually mmake 70-80% of their income from one or two.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

cecille.l
Trust:
Well said James! I agree 100%. Affiliate marketing is profitable but like any other business or job, it requires hard work and time.
Cecille

waken
Trust:
Hi Juderm,
There are equal number of people who like and hate autoblog. Like Cecille mentioned, it's a blog that you've setup once, and can literally leave it on autopilot. The most popular platform people are using is Wordpress.org that you install on your own host.

But doing it the conventional way with plugins and bots won't work. You need to do a lot of off site seo to really reap any reward from autoblogs. By off site SEO, I mean like building backlinks to your autoblogs (building back links will take another manual to explain).

Now, back to autoblog, there are many software and plugin that does this. Some of them are WP robot, autoblog builder, Autoblogged, Autoblog Samurai, Caffeinated content etc. These are some of the script / software that will automatically updating your blog with contents scrap from various sources (article directories, rss feed, Youtube and can even monetize it with products from Amazon, Clickbank etc.).

Don't use script that post just the rss feed but the whole article so that visitors will stay on your site. Other than these script / software, you'll also need some plugins to automate the site in a SEO friendly manner - Maxblogpress ping optimizer, Socialable, Twitter tool, Google XML sitemap etc.

But the recent Panda update certainly affect some of these autoblog (those who use only one script) which leaves many traces to SE. So, you got to have money to play with autoblogs since you need to test with different script and software.

IMHO, autoblogs is for people with money but no time or lazy people. Else, don't go for autoblog, Pick a niche that you like and write all the content yourself. It will take time to reap the benefits but it will definitely have a higher chance of sustaining a good position on SE for long.

Cheers!

Note: Some script are total scam / spam machine that can get you into legal problem, so beware (ie. they just pull article from article directories and stripped out all the links, replace with your affiliate links and even stripped away the resource box - this is just one of the many spam out there).
Internet Business Made Easy
http://www.NetBizSimplified.com

ineedq
Trust:
I was going to add my comment, but you covered quite a bit and said all I was going to say.
andrewp
Trust:
Creating lots of websites at once wont do any good. Maintaining a website is time consuming at first. because of not knowing what works, and what doesnt. Just by putting lots of website online doesn't mean you will make a lot of money at start.

They need to be proper monetized, driving targeted traffic to your websites, relationship building with your readers or list subscribers. Just like many others advised start with one then step by step start making profit and then do the same with others and be patient doing so.

Andrew

This topic was started on Apr 15, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.