04 Oct 10 8:53 pm
Hi Ella :)
You can update the AffiloTheme installed on your site by following the steps below:
1. Download the latest version of the AffiloTheme from the link below and save it to your Desktop:https://www.affilorama.com/affilobluepri ... ffilotheme
2. Export a backup of your theme profile. To export, click on the "Appearance" menu and then select the "Export Profile" option. Save this file into your computer as a backup of the custom settings or changes made on the theme. Please note that changes made on the Theme directly through the "Appearance" > "Theme Editor" will not be saved and will be erased once the theme is updated.
3. Deactivate the AffiloTheme. To deactivate, go to Appearance menu of the dashboard and ACTIVATE the default WP theme or any other theme present in your dashboard. Once AffiloTheme is deactivated, you will now see an option to delete the existing version of the AffiloTheme.
4. Delete the AffiloTheme from your dashboard. To delete, click on the 'delete' button for the Affilotheme. Please note that you will only see the delete button if the theme is currently 'inactive'.
5. Once deleted, upload the latest version of the AffiloTheme using the "Upload" option at Appearance > Install Themes > Upload. You need to browse the theme you saved earlier into your Desktop.
Note: There are some hosts that do not support uploading of larger themes like the AffiloTheme. In case the theme was not uploaded successfully using the 'Upload' tool in your dashboard, you will have to upload the theme directly through FTP instead. To do this, you need to extract the theme first and then upload the extracted files through to the "wp-content/themes" directory of your website through FTP.
6. Once uploaded, make sure your theme is activated and then preview your website on a separate browser window. You might need to clear your temporary internet files if you can't see the theme applied into your website.
7. If the custom settings and design were not restored after uploading the latest AffiloTheme version, you'll have to import the Theme profile you exported earlier. To import the Theme profile, go to the "Appearance" > "Import Profile" option of the dashboard.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.