Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to add footer links in WordPress

macleon
Trust:

How to add footer links in WordPress

I have built my first website following the affiloblueprint course using Wordpress. I want to put a link at the bottom

for the "About Us", "Privacy" etc pages. Could anyone please be able to show me how to do that in WordPress?

Another question that I would like to ask : "Do I have to register my website with Patent and Trade office?"

Thank you very much for anyone's response.

Macky
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Macky and welcome. If you are using the Affilotheme v3, you can go to the theme options, footer tab, and you can link to any pages or posts from there. you can also add any custom text such as a disclaimer, or other links as well.

Patent and trade is focused towards new inventions, not intelectual property. Your website would fall under copywright. that being said, it is covered by common copywright laws. you don't have to register it to be protected as long as you use original content.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

macleon
Trust:
Thanks James!
I have been using affilotheme 1.2. Where can I get Affilotheme v3?

Thanks a lot again!
nelsencaleb
Trust:
When you click on AB2.0 on the home page scroll about mid page and there you have it. Lots of bonuses down there.
faradina
Trust:
Hi Macky,

One thing that you really should know about V1.2 and V3.0 is that the former uses pages and the latter uses posts. When you switch to V3.0, you will be asked if you want to convert your pages to posts. You should convert your article pages to posts but not your About Us, Privacy Policy, and Contact Us pages (or any page to which you want to link from the footer).

In V3.0 you have the option to place the sidebar on either side (left or right) and if you want to reorder the list of articles on the sidebar, change the dates on the posts. The most-recent-dated post will be on top.

You also get the Affiliate Redirects tool in V3.0. It makes the process of redirecting your affiliate links a breeze; no more coding and uploading php redirects!
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Those new features are the reason why I love the new theme! :)
ellatep
Trust:
Hi Fara, do you recommend changing themes, Im also on v1.2. Is it easy to change from 1.2 to 3.0? Is there a lesson on this anywhere?
cheers
ella
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Ella :)

You can update the AffiloTheme installed on your site by following the steps below:

1. Download the latest version of the AffiloTheme from the link below and save it to your Desktop:

https://www.affilorama.com/affilobluepri ... ffilotheme

2. Export a backup of your theme profile. To export, click on the "Appearance" menu and then select the "Export Profile" option. Save this file into your computer as a backup of the custom settings or changes made on the theme. Please note that changes made on the Theme directly through the "Appearance" > "Theme Editor" will not be saved and will be erased once the theme is updated.

3. Deactivate the AffiloTheme. To deactivate, go to Appearance menu of the dashboard and ACTIVATE the default WP theme or any other theme present in your dashboard. Once AffiloTheme is deactivated, you will now see an option to delete the existing version of the AffiloTheme.

4. Delete the AffiloTheme from your dashboard. To delete, click on the 'delete' button for the Affilotheme. Please note that you will only see the delete button if the theme is currently 'inactive'.

5. Once deleted, upload the latest version of the AffiloTheme using the "Upload" option at Appearance > Install Themes > Upload. You need to browse the theme you saved earlier into your Desktop.

Note: There are some hosts that do not support uploading of larger themes like the AffiloTheme. In case the theme was not uploaded successfully using the 'Upload' tool in your dashboard, you will have to upload the theme directly through FTP instead. To do this, you need to extract the theme first and then upload the extracted files through to the "wp-content/themes" directory of your website through FTP.

6. Once uploaded, make sure your theme is activated and then preview your website on a separate browser window. You might need to clear your temporary internet files if you can't see the theme applied into your website.

7. If the custom settings and design were not restored after uploading the latest AffiloTheme version, you'll have to import the Theme profile you exported earlier. To import the Theme profile, go to the "Appearance" > "Import Profile" option of the dashboard.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

ellatep
Trust:
thank you so much, will let you know how it goes
cheers

This topic was started on Oct 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.