Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to add a new page to my blog post?

dylanlim
Trust:

How to add a new page to my blog post?

I know this might seems silly but how do i add pages to my long blog post? ;p

I tried adding a page break but when i preview my post, there is no " next page " to click, meaning i am stuck on the first page and i can't view my following pages in my blog posting.

I look around and found Angsuman's Multi-Page Plugin but i still can't find ways to add in the page. Am i missing something here? :(
I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

faradina
Trust:
You may have to put in the link manually if you broke down your post into two pages; it all depends on how your blog is set up.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Or you can also add this code to separate your posts into pages : Be sure to add it when you're on html view. Add this code once if you want to separate the post into two pages, twice if three pages, and so on.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
Go to this site and they will do anything blog related or anything in the world for five dollar only. Yes sir!

http://trafficsupremepro.com/links/2527
dylanlim
Trust:
I have look into editing it in html but the code that you gave me was already in it when i add in the page break. I still could not see the link for next page when i preview my post though. Or will it only appear after i have publish it?

I have seen some blog post where the link is written as "page 1" all the way to the last page. Is there a specific plug in for it?
I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
dylanlim the code http://trafficsupremepro.com/links/2527 to the website that they will do anything wordpress install and configure plus theme. Or anything that you think of. Join is FREE and post what you want or look at service that people offer. Yes mate! is ONLY $5!!!!!. Good Luck
tdigitty
Trust:
It sounds like the template you're using doesn't have that functionality coded in. Take a look at the following to help you add it yourself.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/1 ... t-working/

http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/wp_link_pages

Not very complete instructions but hopefully it points you in the right direction at least.
dylanlim
Trust:
Ya i guess so. I think i need to purchase a premium template. Free template usually have all this problem. :S
Can i edit it in the wp admin, edit theme section or only through php file? Sorry, i really sucks on the technical issue. :p

Thanks for all the previous help as well guys!! :D

dylanlim
Trust:
This is getting pretty confusing.
I tried to go to edit themes and under main index template, i add in either,
<?php wp_link_pages( $args ); ?>
or
<?php wp_link_pages(); ?>

above the

<?php else : ?>
<p><?php _e('There is nothing here (yet).', 'Arjuna'); ?></p>
<?php endif; ?>

so it looks like this

<?php wp_link_pages( $args ); ?>
<?php else : ?>
<p><?php _e('There is nothing here (yet).', 'Arjuna'); ?></p>
<?php endif; ?>

(Yes, im using arjuna template. ;p) But it still doesn't work. I preview my post and there are no link to the next page also. Did i add it at the wrong place? I think this is "within the loop" as what the description says.

tdigitty
Trust:
Hmmm...I'm not certain where you insert the code. I would head over to the WP.org forum and ask there.
dylanlim
Trust:
Hmm. ok sure! Thanks tdigitty!!

This topic was started on Jun 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.