Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How do I make a default 1st page in Wordpress?

billgrover56
Trust:

How do I make a default 1st page in Wordpress?

How do I make a certain page be the default page for my website in Wordpress?
tracelement
Trust:
Its called a sticky.

On the right hand side where the "publish" etc buttons are, when you are editing a page. Click on "visibility" it should drop down and have a clickable "stick to font page" . This makes whatever posts you mark this way stay at the top of the page.

This is my first post ... I was just sitting here thinking, its about time I got into the boat and started having a chat ... hope it was helpful

cheers :)
Adaptick Support Services
enabling business expansion
social media | business expansion | internet marketing

jeremylawson
Trust:
Very helpful first post tracelement!

Another method of getting a Page to be the default front page for your site when someone enters http://www.example.com is to head into the admin area, look in the Settings menu (near the bottom on the left) and click on Reading.
The first option on this page is to pic what you want your front page to be!
(make sure you choose "a static page" before you select which one to use, otherwise it will ignore your selection)
hi guys!

billgrover56
Trust:
Thanks I'll try it.

This topic was started on Jun 01, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.